Thread: Desert Eagle in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Desert Eagle in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

The Desert Eagle has been in every Fallout game up until Fallout 3, I was pretty bummed that they didn't add the gun in DLC for Fo3. I'm hoping they add the pistol in a DLC pack as soon as possible and I'm sure a lot of people would agree with me. But thinking, if they were to put it in the game, what caliber should it is? The actual gun has been available in quite a few calibers .357 mag, .41 mag, .44 mag, .440 Cor-bon and .50 AE, but implementing the gun into the game I believe they would either go with the .44 Magnum or .50 Caliber (12.7MM)

Re: Desert Eagle in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

How much I know about this. .357 Magnums seems unlikely because there are already 4 weapons that use this round, 5 if you count the police pistol from Dead Money. .44 Magnum is a more likely choice because in all the Fallout games it's been in was chambered for .44 Magnum, and the game only has 1 pistol (plus it's unique variant) and 1 rifle that uses the .44 Magnum. .50 (or 12.7MM) would be a plausible choice for the handgun, there is only one .50 caliber handgun in game and this would allow the Devs to fictionalize the weapon easier by just calling the handgun the "12.7MM Magnum" or something similar to that. If taking the .50 (12.7MM route) The Desert Eagle could be used to fill the gap between the Mysterious Magnum and the Ranger Sequoia.

".44 Magnum Pistol" and a unique golden variant "High Roller" will be included in the Project Nevada mod's equipment module. Obviously I have one previously, courtesy of the WMX Modern Weapons mod. That's a damn pretty, very impractical one hand overkill gun. Even I think the originals had the .44 Magnum caliber if my memory serves me right and yes please, but it seams unlikely they will now with .45 colt introduction in Honest Hearts.

To be honest (And this is something that I never thought I'd say when I first found one in any game), I'm quite burned out on Desert Eagles. Too many games using them, too many people either using them in game or Modding them in "because they're cool", all leading up to them being essentially the "default" hand-cannon to me, and being pretty plain because of that. It's not like I'll refuse to play if they add one, but it's not a big deal to me.

Impracticality is taking a silenced .22 into a Deathclaw lair, and with the Desert Eagle being primarily a powerful hunting pistol the Wasteland makes the DE quite practical against its monsters. And if I had a computer that could run Fallout New Vegas I probably wouldn't be worrying about asking for a Desert Eagle as DLC. And At the very least it should be a .44 Magnum on par with the revolvers, maybe a couple points more powerful with a slight increase of weapon degradation. But then I wouldn't feel right shooting Semi Wadcutter rounds from a Desert Eagle.

The default hand-cannon in Fallout: NV would have to go to the Ranger Sequoia hands down; it would be unrealistic and even unreasonable to make the DE as powerful as the Sequoia. The sequoia has 62 damage rating, and .1 deviations it's the obvious handgun favorite. Its drawback is that it can't be concealed. What's needed is a semi-auto magnum as an alternate to the revolvers, and the Desert Eagle is by all means the most recognized semi-auto magnum.

I just agree with all ya'll. If we'll see it, it should be in .44 mags:
    1. We could use more .44 mag guns
    2. That's what it was in other FO games
    3. It's one of only a few semi-autos to fire .44.

The thing is, we're getting pretty chock full of autos now with the M1911. I could see a progression like: .22, 9mm, .45ACP, 10mm, .44 mag, 12.7. That's how it goes in real life, but that's a lot to squeeze into a range from 9 (well really 16) to 40. Disclaimer: .45ACP has NOT been confirmed in game.