Thread: Xbox live disconnects and even unable to update Xbox console slim

Xbox live disconnects and even unable to update Xbox console slim

I recently bought a Xbox 360 slim console to have better gaming play. It is just a month I got this and it was working well. When I shifted to a new house then there is got a problem with Xbox live. I usually play games using Xbox live, but the problem is that Xbox live gets disconnected. I am not able to connect to Xbox live using profiles. Even I am not able to get updates for my Xbox console. So please help me to solve this problem so that I can use Xbox live.

Re: Xbox live disconnects and even unable to update Xbox console slim

I think there is problem with your internet connection. As you shifted to your new house then might be you would be having different internet connection here and due to this the needed settings might not be proper. So just check that the IP address that your ISP provided to you is correct. If you have setup manual or static IP address then you should be having correct IP address in order to use internet and also to get Xbox live services on your console.

It would be better if you set and configure these things for automatic mode. Doing this manual might be causing the problem so just make it automatically, so that random IP address would be assigned to you and probably it would be genuine and thus you would be able to connect to Xbox live as your Xbox console would get the internet connection which is mandatory in order to get access Xbox live. So hope this would work for you.

Check that IP address is proper and also the DNS address is also correct. There are problems connecting to Xbox live if you are having wireless internet connection. So if it wifi internet then see to it that you getting proper connection so that Xbox could receive the packets and let you get the Xbox live services. I always recommend having a wired internet connection in order to get rid of these connection failures as I have observed wifi giving more connection problems.

If you are having a constant internet connection then possibly you could update your Xbox console very easily. So if you have checked that your internet connections is well then just connect the Xbox to internet and then connect to Xbox live and then update status would be checked for your console and if update is required then you would get a popup in order to start update for your console. So just perform the above thing and see whether you could update.

If you are not able to update your console using your internet connection then you can try an alternative in order to update your console slim. Basically you would find an update zip file from official Xbox website so just download and transfer it to any pen drive. Make sure you have extracted the contents of that zip file to pen drive. Then restart your console and when you attach this pen drive to Xbox USB port then it would automatically start process and then go through these on screen instructions.

If you are using internet which is connected to router, then it is recommended that you have direct internet connection. So connect your Xbox 360 console to your modem and then whether you are able to update the console. Also contact your ISP for the needed settings if you have changed the settings. So configure all these settings again also configure your internet settings such that they do not block the sites that you need to access. So lower the security settings of your internet; probably firewall settings.