Thread: Firearms and firearms mods in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Firearms and firearms mods in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

A M203 40mm grenade launcher mod for the service rifle. How it would work would be simple just use the change ammo function to change the ammo to 40mm for the M203 from the 5.56 of the service rifle. Make the mod also make the service rifle heavier due to adding an M203 on it. This is a useful mod it would allow the power of the 40mm grenade rifle without having to bring that extra weapon. For balance reduce the range of the M-203 40mm grenade so the grenade rifle and launcher are still useful and competitive. Anyone have any more idea on this?

Re: Firearms and firearms mods in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

A reflex sight (similar to the Aim point or Trijicon reflex sights) for the Service rifle, Assault carbine and Laser RCW. It should have the same power as the 9mm pistol scope but use a red dot. Because the 9mm pistol scope is already low powered using that scope power with a red dot would allow the rifle or carbine to be used with greater speed in close quarters battle situations indoors when firing in the first person view. It would also make aiming the weapon at range easier for those long distance shots.

Silencers for the Assault carbine and Marksman’s carbine. Similar to Lily’s the nightkins silenced assault carbine. This is self-explanatory and would be very useful. Forward vertical grips for the Assault carbine and .45 caliber submachine guns. Similar to FVG for modern weapons (Knight’s Armament FVG, Tango down FVG). This mod would reduce the spread of those weapons even further than the game updates or .45 caliber compensator mods. Plus it would look pretty neat. Or it could reduce aim drift when manual aiming.

A 5.56 Assault carbine. This would the coolest thing ever 5.56 power with the 30 round magazine and automatic fire rate of the assault carbine. It could be balanced against other choices by making it break down faster than the assault carbine. Call it the Soldiers M-4. A brand new looking Hunting rifle modeled on the U.S Marine M-40A1 sniper rifle. I want it camouflaged like the All-American Marksman’s carbine. I want all the mods of the hunting rifle plus the night vision scope of the varmint rifle and ratslayer. Call it either The Marines rifle or This Rifle is mine.

A lot of that stuff would require new animations entirely and need a lot of new coding, a lot more work than it's worth. They cut out a reflex mod for the Service rifle so that probably won't happen. And there already is a semi-automatic shotgun, don't you think adding another would be redundant? I just want a special version that looks like the AA-12. I know they dropped the reflex sight. The M203 would be easiest to do and would be very useful in very hard due to the issues of carrying a grenade rifle and the service rifle.

Really shouldn't every laser weapon be equipped with a laser (red dot) sight. I mean it is already a laser. If I were going to design a laser weapon I would allow the shooter to activate the beam by partially depressing the trigger to line up the shot before firing. This would also let your weapon be a range finder and a target marker for incoming artillery or air support. I understand that a range finder and target designator aren't features that the average wasteland wanderer would find useful. I was just trying to point out some of the cool things that lasers could do besides blow holes in stuff.

Here I just add something after this much comments. Don't get me wrong. I like the ideas. They just don't have the game mechanics (or already have them covered by something else) to support them. I think the half-trigger laser sight idea would be easy to implement. Just like the other laser sights, it would reduce spread. They don't have a spread reducing mod for them. But on the other hand, the laser rifle spread is quite darn low as it is.