Thread: Limbo crashes on start

Limbo crashes on start

I have recently finished downloading Limbo game and after that I have I install the Limbo game in my computer. Now after that when I double click on the game icon at that time game started and crashed immediately and I het this "Limbo has stopped working." message. I don’t know what went wrong but during the installation there was no error but then also I am facing this problem. Now please tell me what I should do to play limbo game in my computer.

Re: Limbo crashes on start

Normally sometime this type of issue occurs because of the compatibility issue and that is why I would like to suggest you to try to launch the game after changing the compatibility in your computer. Now after changing the game compatibility try to launch the game again in your computer and after that you have check whether you are getting the same message or not. As far as I know your problem will get solved.

If you don’t know how to change the compatibility of the game then I will help you with this. First of all you have to do right click on the game icon and after that you have to click on the properties. Now after clicking on the properties you have to select compatibility tab and after that there you will get the option to change the compatibility mode. Now change the compatibility and after that you have to click on the Ok and after that you will be able to play the game.

Normally the main reason behind this type of problem is any file of the game gets corrupted and because that we face difficulty while launching the game. You can solve this problem by reinstalling the Limbo game in your computer. First you have to uninstall limbo game from your computer and after that you have to delete all the temporary files from your computer and after doing that install the game again in your computer. Now after installing the game again in your computer you will not get any problem.

It looks like something went wrong while downloading the game and because of that you are getting this problem. According to me you should download whole game again in your computer and after that you have to install it in your computer and after that see whether you are able to play Limbo game in your computer or not. there was same problem occurred with my system also and after that I have tried this solution and then my problem gets solved. I think you should also try this solution.

After changing the game computability when I try to start the game at that time also I get the message and after that I have also tried all the compatibility mode with this game but it doesn’t make any difference. Now after that I have also tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the game in my computer but I didn’t get any help after doing that also. When I install this game in my friends computer at that time It worked fine it means there is nothing wrong with the game. Please help me to fix this.

As you have said that after trying all the possible solution also if you are not able to solve this issue then I think there might be problem with your operating system and if you want to solve this issue then you have to insert the operating system CD in your computer and after that you have to repair the operating system. now after repairing the operating system Limbo game will work properly in your computer.

I just bought the Offline-Version of the game and it has the exact same problem. But i found the solution. It seems like the game creates a wrong shortcut to the limbo.exe file. If i start the game directly from the installed directory i have no problem. Just recreate the shortcut from the executable.

To be more precise, the original shortcut links to the correct file but has a different folder in the "start in" field. Just change it to the directory, where you installed limbo to.

Maybe the problem only exists if you dont install it into the default directory.