Thread: Mario Party 8: Error message ‘The Game Disc could not be read’

Mario Party 8: Error message ‘The Game Disc could not be read’

I am having an issue with Mario Party 8. This particular game seems to be crash from the initial boot to the game selection screen. It is prompting that the ‘The Game Disc could not be read’ I have played many other games and it seems to be working fine. Let me know if you are having any specific solution to fix the matter of mine. any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a ;lot in advance.

Re: Mario Party 8: Error message ‘The Game Disc could not be read’

I think I am ware of the root cause of the problem which you are getting while playing the game on the device of yours. Mostly above mentioned error message can appear when the disc is ejected during the game play. You have to return to the Wii menu and before changing the disc if you are wanted to play any other game on the device of yours. Also you need to verify that you are loading the disc appropriately. So consider the above mentioned things which i have mentioned over here.

You need to following points to overcome from the error message which you are getting.
    • If the Wii console is laying flat then it should be positioned upside down. Make sure that the positioned is right side up and the game disc slot should be above of all the three buttons as well as the SD card slot.
    • If you placing the disc correctly then you need to clean the disc and see whether it is making any difference in the situation.

Looking at the problem which you have mentioned over here I am suggeting following troubleshooting steps which you can use to fix the matter of yours.
    1. First of all recommend that you should free some memory of the system. I mean you should move some piece of the information to SD card memory chip of the Wii.
    2. Also another thing which I wanted to recommend that you should do the system updates to the current one.

Well I am highly suspecting that there is an issue with the disc itself. Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting that you should bought copy another disc of the game and you should place the same on the gaming console of yours. You can the disc from the friend of yours. I am hoping that you will be able to fix the matter of yours after using the fresh cop of the disc. Let me know whether it was useful to you or not.

Looking at the matter which you have mentioned over here i am suspecting that there is an issue with the device which you are using. Well i recommend that you should contact the official service center and claim for the service warranty. You should see that the device of yours should not have the physical damage otherwise you will not be able to claim the service warranty. According to me it is the ultimate solution which you can try to resolve the matter of yours.

I am guessing that all of your other games work, and that Mario Party 8 is the only one having issues. If so welcome to the club, I have tried 3 copies of the game and it will not play on my system. It seems to only be a handful of us having this issue. I havent had my system online for a while so I am wondering if an update I missed caused this. I am going to try and get everything updated and see if that will fix it, I will let you know if that works for me. If you find a solution please post it.

Just wanted you to know there are others dealing with this, but most forums are only going to give you the "make sure its not upside down, clean disc, clean laser...blah blah blah" Seems like the problem isnt widespread so no one is familiar.

Down Re: Mario Party 8: Error message ‘The Game Disc could not be read’

My disc has experienced the same problem. When we first brought it, it worked fine. We recently moved, and now it has not been working. I have been round other peoples house and went on their game disc, theres works fine. Mine isn't damanged as it works when i first insert the disc, But when i press start, the screen goes black and my wii remote turns itself off. Sometimes this happens, and sometimes the 'disc read error' comes up. If anyone has an accurate answer on how to fix this, i would love to know. This is one of my favourite games, and i always want to play it. My Little brother also loves this game, and it's a shame he can't play it anymore, Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by haggisperks View Post
    My disc has experienced the same problem. When we first brought it, it worked fine. We recently moved, and now it has not been working. I have been round other peoples house and went on their game disc, theres works fine. Mine isn't damanged as it works when i first insert the disc, But when i press start, the screen goes black and my wii remote turns itself off. Sometimes this happens, and sometimes the 'disc read error' comes up. If anyone has an accurate answer on how to fix this, i would love to know. This is one of my favourite games, and i always want to play it. My Little brother also loves this game, and it's a shame he can't play it anymore, Thanks.
    Are you sure that the disc is not scratched which is why sometimes the game disc works but other times it gives disc error? There are many cd cleaner liquids available in the market like Digital Innovations - CleanDr Disc Cleaning Solution, which you can use to clean the disc, and check afterwards whether you get same problem or not.