Thread: Energy wep build in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Energy wep build in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Here I just need little information on energy wep in Fallout: New Vegas DLC. I am now making a new char and I want to go for an energy power armor build. Anyone got any tips or builds for this? I try to search this on many sites and ask this to many persons but can’t get any hints. I even ask this to some of my friends but can’t get any idea. So please if anyone here has any idea or any information on this than please let me know.

Re: Energy wep build in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

You will want a decent luck to take advantage of energy weapons higher critical rates, you'll also want to use both pistols and rifles as the set lasers for fun challenge has two ranks one with pistols the other rifles.(the holorifle doesn't count towards these challenges). Each rank grants +2% to critical for a total of +4%. Remember that small energy cells, electron charge packs and micro fusion cells can be converted to one another. If the vendor has a couple hundred electron charge packs you can turn them into quite a few fusion cells for an energy rifle.

Cliff and Chet do stock energy ammo in small amounts and Chet has some bulk energy cells. It’s inferior but reasonably helpful in the early parts of the game. Near good springs is good spring’s cave which contains a dead member of bright brotherhood. He tends to have a plasma pistol, defender or even Laser RCW. Depending on level. You will probably fine the plasma pistol. As Chet tends to sell bulk small energy cells the defender or plasma pistol is a better choice in the early parts of the game.

When you reach Novak you will want to do "Come Fly with me" the multiple dead bright brothers can provide a variety of energy weapons. My advice is to reach level 8 before entering the facility as that will help ensure you find plasma defenders, laser RCW's and the recharger pistol. The Recharger pistol is durable, deals enough damage to deal with early game enemies, has a low AP cost of 13. And most importantly has infinite ammo as it recharges. It is not to be confused with the weak recharger rifle.

A few tips off the top of my head: Chet at the beginning of the game sells a Recharger Rifle (may require waiting 3 days). It is usually in decent condition, but I would recommend using the Weapon Repair Kit found in Victor's Shack on it. The Van Graff’s are not great vendors. Their weapons are always in subpar condition, even at level 35. My suggestion is to rob 'em, then let the Silver Rush blow up while guarding the place. That way, you'll get a good supply of Plasma Rifles, including the Van Graff Laser/Plasma Rifle. But make sure that you have completed ALL of Heartache By the Number (Cass' companion quest).

Flamers and Incinerators are considered Energy Weapons. Do not pass them up if you get the chance because they are great weapons. I recommend not using the Wild Wasteland Trait. Even though the Alien Blaster is more efficient ammo-wise, the small amount of ammo in the entire game limits its long term effectiveness. I wouldn't hold my breath though, because if OWB is anything like Fallout 3 DLCs, then we may get more Alien Power Cells.

Normally, it is believed that you should take the trait which raises the probability of scoring a critical hit by 3% but raises the deterioration rate by 15%, but with Joshua Graham's Armor (which being light armor has beautiful synergy with light touch) you might not want to bother because of the rate energy weapons deteriorate. If you are going the light armor route you will want light touch, that first recon hat, Joshua Graham's armor to take full advantage of the high critical rates of energy weapons. If you aren't supporting the Legion I still recommend getting on their good side for the key to their safe house which contains the lucky shades (which have synergy with four eyes). I recommend that you keep the luck stat at 8 so with the lucky shades and the implant you have a maxed out luck stat.

Energy weapons are actually plentiful. Fiend-hunting is the key. Every few days I go back to south Vegas to cull the herd again. Wipe them out, then step outside of South Vegas into Fiend Territory and do a sweep and clear. Usually come away with several RCWs, a few Laser Rifles, and sometimes a Plasma Rifle or two. The only Eweps that I have a hard time coming across are Gauss, Tesla, Plasma Caster, Recharger Pistol, and Gatling Laser. Very limited supply of those. Everything else is plentiful.