Thread: The Elder scrolls: Which Daedric Prince you worship?

The Elder scrolls: Which Daedric Prince you worship?

Personally I always liked Azura, she seemed the most responsible or honorable, she reminds me of Athena. But she's all about heroes, and even though she's my favorite, I think I would have to go with Hermaeus Mora, who I just recently learned about. His theme is supposedly knowledge, and his plane of Oblivion is this great library, that's definitely what I'm all about, knowledge is the most important thing to me and I always enjoy learning, if there were any sort of great power or forbidden fruit that I would want to gain out of joining a Daedric cult it would be unlocking the secrets of the universe. Unfortunately his theme is also fate, and I don't believe in fate.

Re: The Elder scrolls: Which Daedric Prince you worship?

I never get why people's opinions are so unfavourable towards Azura. Arguably, everyone was manipulating you in Morrowind, and Azura was the most hands-off of them all. The prophecy might even be considered self-fulfilling. The main point isn't whose motives were the most honourable, or whose actions were more acceptable, but who had the nicest rack. Besides, in the Words of Clan Mother Ahnissi at least, she's represented as the benevolent sister of Nirn. The ain't anything worse than a woman serving a revenge best served cold" thing is just that darker side of twilight.

The question isn't about whom’s the real god, your statement there may be entirely correct and Azura be just as dishonorable. The dishonorable part comes in that she used the guise of looking out for the people of Morrowind to guide the Nerevarine, when arguably her main concern was with getting back at the Tribunal. Oh I never said I didn't like her, or that nobody else was playing the Nerevarine for their own benefit; my only point was to bring to light that she is not the "most honorable" anything, though that isn't to say she is the most dishonorable.

It cursed an entire race because of what 3 people did, she spent thousands of years plotting revenge on the tribunal which in effect may throw morrowind into chaos, like some people say she could of been manipulating the nerevarine through the course of "morrowind" and "Tribunal", I agree that she is in a way loyal to her followers but she is quite extreme when it comes to punishments. She may be a bit more benevolent" but she flew off the handle a bit with the whole "cursing the Chimer" thing; I personally feel she just wanted to be worshipped as all powerful still, which should be a given.

She isn't even that loyal or benevolent to her followers, she's quite fine with making them live in solitude for decades and putting their sanity at risk just to win a wager with another daedric prince. Appearing motherly and benevolent is just her angle, there's all sorts of clues throughout the series that she's just as self-serving and petty as the other daedra. Meridia is similar, she almost seems like she could be an aedra from the way she presents herself, but anyone who's done KotN or been to Sideways Cave knows she's not nearly that innocent.

Why must we worship only ones If I were living on Nirn and worshipped the Princes, I'd probably do a bit of worship to them all like in a home shrine or something and perhaps have a closer relationship with whichever one or so spoke more to me. Whoever was more fitting to me personally, I mean, not actual speech. With my personality and interests, this could be anyone from Nocturnal to Sheogorath to Meridia. The Princes are both good and evil, and are neither, as near as I can understand, with their personalities deciding which part of spectrum they tend to spend more time in. All of them strike me as very human in this regard, or at least easier to relate to.

My character,an orc, of course worships Malacath. Me I dont know which one...