Thread: House Redoran in The elder scrolls

House Redoran in The elder scrolls

What is the current state of House Redoran? I know Aldruhn was destroyed, but has the house completely fallen apart. That's cool the city literally got up and fought the Daedra. So that basically states that, along with the turmoil caused by Morrowind's events, that Redoran has been royally screwed, right. It's also pretty cool that MK can draw and write. That's kind of what I want to do when I get in the game industry.

Re: House Redoran in The elder scrolls

Resurrecting the Emperor Crab automatically destroyed half of the city. The resulting battle would have definitely destroyed the other half. Bolvyn Venim was an idiot. First he moved their seat of power to Ald-Ruhn, then he went and got himself killed in a duel because he was too stupid to just let the Nerevarine be the Hortator. I don't know the result of the war with Skyrim. Though I doubt it was a "war" involved the entire country. Probably just one or two City-States who decided to join up to pick on the nearest Dunmer in a particular point of exploitation. Though, I always thought the Nords were boring and predictable.

I was thinking about making a new character in OB, and seeing as it seems pointless to create a new topic I'll just ask here. What motivation, if any, would House Redoran have to send an agent to Cyrodiil? I am trying to make a background story for a Redoran Warrior, but can't think up a reason that he would make his way to Cyrodiil. Now all they need are Akaviri Katanas and Orcish Armor and they're set. But yeah, Hlaalu will hopefully lay off of Redoran, because they understand that with the Legion busy and Indoril in ruins, Redoran is the only thing standing between them and crazy nords.

To get the Empire to stop the Nordic invasions or at least get rid of the orc mercenaries. Redoran probably didn't support Helseth's modernizations, and so are isolated. After he Emperor's death and the disintegration of the Elder Council, the emissary would have no mission at all. Although their future looks very bleak and they've lost almost all their power. However, one can say the say about all factions of the Empire, and the Empire its self.

Most of the Redoran's biggest cities were destroyed or occupied in the mean while. There in a very bad position. I doubt a couple of Nordic warlords could retake all of Morrowind. And I'm sure if they were pressed, Hlaalu, Dres and Telvanni could stop them. If a weakened house could slow them down, a strong house or a coalition of two or maybe even threw strong house could easily drive them back.

A united Nord army would be able to do considerable damage against the Great Houses. However, the Nords were unlikely to unite in full against a fellow faction of Imperial citizens and now much of Skyrim is in ruins, like morrowind. However, after the Oblivion crisis Redoran's biggest concern is probably not the Nords, but the other Great Houses. If Bethesda’s smart, they will include the Empire falling apart, warlords and houses fighting each other and some plot to finish of the Empire in TES.