Thread: Fallout New Vegas: Can't Even Start DLC

Fallout New Vegas: Can't Even Start DLC

I paid full price for this game, and then played for 40+ hours. When the DLC came out, I purchased that for another $10. After I installed the DLC and loaded my game, I was equipped with a metal collar and couldn't fast travel. Also, when I walk so far, the collar blows my head off. And, I have no other saves to revert to. So did I just waste all of this time and money in this game to just have to restart it again? Will there be a new patch to fix this bug? Or should I just say: "Dead Money, pay to download then lose all of your hard work."

Re: Fallout New Vegas: Can't Even Start DLC

You don't get the collar put on you until after you find and enter the abandoned BoS bunker. You should pick up a radio signal on your Pip boy which will direct you to the bunker. If you have the collar on as soon as you installed the DLC, without even finding the bunker, then that's got to be a bug, and a pretty serious one. I don't know what to suggest, apart from maybe deleting the DLC and reinstalling it? And possibly clearing the 360 cache.

After I installed it, I had the collar on, and cant fast travel. The collar beeps depending on where I go, but there is no way I know of to get to the abandoned BoS bunker without fast traveling or without exceeding the range of the collar (therefore causing it to explode). I am at the Hidden Valley right now. I have a radio signal and the collar, but the radio signal doesn’t tell me where to go, it just tells me about the Sierra Madre. And I did delete then reinstall the dlc. As well I deleted the dlc and didn’t reinstall it, and I at a standstill had the collar on! The only thing left for me to do is clear the cache, which I doubt will work.

Here I just wish to add something in this case. The important thing is, did you make ANY saves (fast travel, sleep, entering buildings) after this occurred? Reloading may be helpful because one time when I was interrogating a prisoner at Camp McCarran, my hands snapped off of its joints and it looked like my character was operating his gun with his wrists. A simple reload did the trick and I was all better, no chiropractor needed.

If it is irreversible, then I advise you to do two things.
    1. Keep that infected save. There is always the possibility of it getting patched.
    2. Make multiple save files for your new character. I take it that you relied on auto saves; otherwise you wouldn't need to post this.

Bethesda games always have many bugs in them, so, as any other veteran would suggest, make several save files from the similar character. I always make 5 files and overwrite from the bottom if I need to make big decisions or just save for the sake of saving. Glad to help!