Thread: New patch crashes Fallout: New Vegas DLC

New patch crashes Fallout: New Vegas DLC

After installing the new patch on the Xbox 360, my previous saved game crashes, or causes the load screen to freeze. In the main menu screen when I try to load a saved game a notice screen appears and reads something likes "The game you are trying to load has DLC which is no longer available. Places and items may no longer be available. Do you wish to continue?" I select yes and then the load screen freezes, the only DLC I have is Dead Money. This is not acceptable please fix this trouble.

Re: New patch crashes Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Unbelievable. Does anyone ever even test this stuff at Bethesda? I really don't understand how it is even possible for a major company like Beth to release patches that causes more problems than they solve. Myself, I'm an Xbox owner and I'm afraid to even install the patch until they fix this. Mine is doing the same thing they need to fix it because I am almost level 36 and I almost have every location uncovered they need to fix this quick so I can finish this.

My minigun has that darn problem. Every time I fire the gun and let go the send stops for a few seconds than the sound of it being fired goes offs and I am not even shooting the gun. it repeats the in a three second sequent’s and I know because I timed it and I done everything from trying to reinstall my game to my dashboard re-down loading updates re-down loading content. The only thing I haven’t tried was another game should I go and get a new copy of new Vegas.

Seems to be a common problem for those who have save games with DM content. I am going to be pretty miffed if I lose my previous saves because of this. Right now, it only affects the saves associated with one of my characters (even though both of my characters' saves include DM content), but the character I can't load is from my current game -- the character I was hoping to take into upcoming DLC -- and that's 19 levels lost. The only difference I can identify between the saves is that I started the character I can't load after the last patch (1.02 or whatever) came out, whereas I started the other character before that patch came out.

What a painful experience honestly i never had any problems like this in FO3 there was only 1 problem i had in that and it was in the Pitt and i kept falling through the ground in 1 spot. But yeah that’s kind of the same with mine my main which was from ages ago doesn’t load at all but one that I started recently gets the message but loads fine also it could be that my main has finished DM but the new one hasn’t touched it so I don’t know.

Weathered 10mm pistol, 50 rounds, 5 stim packs, and vault whatever security armor, loading downloadable content, and downloadable content not available, content maybe missing, crash! Love the games have had a few issues in the past but nothing too bad. Losing 90 hours wedges though. This very well maybe it. Given a choice between deleting said classic pack and not losing 90 hours or keeping it and starting over (which I would have done regardless, but in my OWN time). F that pistol! I'd be playing right now instead of trolling the internet praying that I am not the only one that it keeps crashing on. I fully understand the amount of work that goes into releasing games of this caliber, also the amount of work that goes into these patches, but seriously if the patch isn't ready to be released please just wait to release it.

As a fan that recently completed New Vegas on very hard / hardcore, sat through twenty minutes of credits only to decide that I hadn't done well enough, went to a previous save, and have spent 10 hours going around and finding / completing EVERYTHING I can honestly say that I would rather wait an extra month or two for updates rather than get them early and not be able to play. With my seething done I now have to go to work for 12 hrs. My day would definitely have been better without this update. Still, thanks for the work you guys do! Even if I lose it, those 90 hours sure was a lot of fun.

Bethesda and Obsidian needs to get their head out of the gutter and test these things before they release them. Now I have lost my Classic package dlc and can’t re-download it. I have lost over 400hours of game time over about 10 characters because of them. I think they owe us all a free DLC for this piece of it of a patch, all it did was make people start over from scratch. They owe use a new code for the classic pack and the others they destroyed with this patch.