Thread: Fallout: New Vegas Honest Hearts ED-E Patch

Fallout: New Vegas Honest Hearts ED-E Patch

Like you probably already know a lot of people are having trouble with starting HH because they have to remove their companions and ED-E Glitches out of the game making that impossible. I really hope Bethesda that you release a patch that just forces your companions out of your party at the beginning of HH. Really how hard is it to just make this small little patch? Because i feel really sorry for me and all the people that have this problem that they payed 800 Microsoft points basically for nothing now. And it is just a small adjustment that needs to be done. Does that really have to take weeks or maybe months? I hope that you can fix this soon.

Re: Fallout: New Vegas Honest Hearts ED-E Patch

Here I just wish to add something in this case. I haven’t bought HH yet but ED-E rages on me because of off nothing. I will wait some time before I purchase it if its glitch and buggy. All they need to do is have HH start with kicking all the members of your party out. They previously have this feature at certain points in the game; it shouldn't need to be a huge update. I even can't start HH because it thinks ED-E is in my party.

So poor that we have to do such. Sadly when I get into a straight gaming mode I do not save unless I am done. Like my last post I loaded from where I was went that got all my files corrupted so. Wish you could solve this problem instead of making us go back a bit. No when you tell them to leave. They should leave. Fix it. Throw up mini-patches if you must. I just wanted to let Bethesda know because I really want them to patch the ED-E disappearing and not returning glitch.

I have been only rotating 10 save games because the fallout save games is rather large. If I had saved every save game this would be over 511 save games. Each save game is 9 megs, so this would be something like 4.5 gigabytes of save games, which is something like 25% of the smallest Xbox hard drive, just on the save games. This wouldn't include each of the dlc's, as well as installing the game itself. Furthermore, I'm not done with FNV itself, and there are future dlc's, it is really not viable to keep every save game. I have gigs and gigs of space taken up by the FO3 save games, and it seems that the only way to get rid of them is one by one.

All I can tell you are go ahead and try it out. You already know the problems before hand but as you can see only a select few are really getting the problems. Just do not do HH with ED-E at all in party or Rex. A just do not speak with the Chick. Which is odd because she never gave me a problem but later in the game I had a problem in which corrupted my files. So best make backup as well if you can of course. FNV dlc is very fun if not challenging at some parts (Dead-Fing Money).

Well ED-E Is glitches out of the game on all of my saves. I have around 140 hours of gameplay on my character and I don't really feel like doing it all over to play a dlc. Isn't it strange that we also buy a DLC for 800 Microsoft points and also have to do all this weird stuff like starting all over or loading an old save to get it working? I really hope Bethesda that you could give us a mini update by this weekend so that we can finally enjoy the DLC.

Well, this is just wonderful. Looks like I am pretty well now. I will not at all be able to play Honest Hearts or Dead Money with my main character all because of a stupid little robot companion that decided to bug out on me. I hated ED-E and of course, like clockwork, the little bastard goes screwy on me at the beginning of my game. No warning, no nothing. He just up and disappeared, and I hardly noticed his absence, until I try to enter the DLC and am surprised by the dreaded "All companions must be absent from your group" message.

angry Re: Fallout: New Vegas Honest Hearts ED-E Patch

something different happened to me. I got ed-e and boone to go back to the lucky 38 so i could play honest hearts. now that ive finished honest hearts, they're both gone. They aren't in the lucky 38, they arent in there home spots, and they arent in vault 22. has anyone else had anything similar happen to them?! Very frustrating this game is... if anyones experienced the same thing or knows wtf is going on please reply to this

I hope this patch comes out soon, Ive tried everything, Im trying to do HH but of course ED-E is nowhere to be found, I tried to retrace to just before Dead Money, when I stated looking I had not yet started that Vault 22 quest, I did go there just to see if it worked and what a surpirse it didnt, waiting doesnt do s**t either, any thoughts?

And im so far in hard core mode that I wont start over.
    Last edited by DT0913; 01-07-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DT0913 View Post
    I hope this patch comes out soon, Ive tried everything, Im trying to do HH but of course ED-E is nowhere to be found, I tried to retrace to just before Dead Money, when I stated looking I had not yet started that Vault 22 quest, I did go there just to see if it worked and what a surpirse it didnt, waiting doesnt do s**t either, any thoughts?

And im so far in hard core mode that I wont start over.
    There were news that Fallout: New Vegas 'Honest Hearts' DLC won't work with some saves. Just after that Bethesda again sent a message "The ED-E bug was in Fallout: New Vegas (not the Honest Hearts DLC) and affected a very small group of users. It was largely eliminated in the previous patch. While a few may still be encountering issues, we will be providing a way for them to manually force their companions to leave their party in the upcoming patch, thus eliminating the issue entirely."

So all we can do is wait till the patch comes, so that the bug can be resolved.

ThumbsUp Re: Fallout: New Vegas Honest Hearts ED-E Patch

Well, there may be a possible work around for getting into honest hearts even with the ed-e glitch. May not work for all though. Also you must remove the classic pack from ur game data and fallout completley in order to play all three expansion packs without problems. Removing classic pack only removes the items gained from it which will not affect ur game or saves. atleast not for me... Its funny because to get around the ed-e glitch u have to utilize a dead money glitch. One of dead moneys glitchs is that after u complete all of dead money and return to mojave it removes the ed-e with love quest for some reason and ed-e will become hostile (if still able to find him). So with that said if u have not played dead money and u got the ed-e glitch u should be able to enter honest hearts. If u have already played dead money then most likely u wont have to go back that many saves. Atleast not as far as some people.