Thread: The elder Scrolls: who is the most powerful daedric prince?

The elder Scrolls: who is the most powerful daedric prince?

Which daedric prince is the most powerful? I personally think its jyggalag because he was cursed by the other princes that were fearful of his power. But one thing I don't understand is how could you defeat jyggalags avatar but not mehrunes dagon? I have no clear ideas regarding which will be the better one in this game. So I request the other users to please provide me the required information as soon as possible.

Re: The elder Scrolls: who is the most powerful daedric prince?

Mehrunes is the most destructive, as he is destruction. I'd say, in raw power, MD. However, Jyggy is only really that powerful, because he can predict what will happen to the nearest dot, so he's the best strategist of the bunch. However, Nocturnal IS the echo of the void, so that's something one should think about. Interesting information does anyone know of any books/sources in elder scrolls lore where I can find out more about Jyggalag.

Individual power aside, Jyggalag does seem to have one big advantage; unlike the lesser Daedra that the other Princes favor, his Knights of Order do not tire, they know no fear, they're completely obedient, and as long as an Obelisk is present and active, they can come in endless waves. Jyggalag mentioned his territory was expanding when he was cursed to become Sheogorath. I hope that you are getting my point here.

Knights of Order may not be lesser Daedra in the common sense, but perhaps a personified embodiment of the realm of Order. The exist only around the parts where Order is strongest in the isles the obelisks, which cannot be destroyed), and I doubt that they can go beyond the realm that they are part of that. So I wouldn't count them as a reason for Jyggy's power. I think its also important to mention that the power of the Daedra is very much dependent on the mortals and on each other. Azura and Dagon are very much interconnected, for example. Same goes for Vaernima dreams/nightmares and Sheogorath madness. All of their visible spheres also act directly on mortals - madness would wield no power if there was no one to drive crazy.

Jygallag frightened the other Princes enough to enslave him. They felt threatened. It might be because of his nature, though, rather than the fact he's "more powerful" which is very vague. It may be that he has more power to destroy the kind of dynamic change the other Princes stand for by making their realms grey and boring. He probably has more power in Oblivion whereas other Princes have more power on Nirn.

In the canon Sheogorath was mantled by a mortal, the first Daedric Prince to be mantled by a mortal. It would make the thing rather pointless if Sheo was expending all that effort to make one mortal insane, regardless of how pivotal that mortal was in Nirn - the effort and the scope of the venture is rendered pointless by your idea. Also, Daedric Princes don't need worship, that's why they are Daedra. They are primordial concepts given form, they preceed Nirn and its mortals and further, removed themselves from the constraints of Mundus thus not needing the worship of mortals, as they had no hand in their creation.

And their lies the inevitable proplem with making metaphysics so accessible in a fantasy universe. It gets to the point that doing something menial one character does and wearing his shoes for a day counts as mantling and then for some reason, you're unrecognizable from the original.The biggest issue I have with mantling is that it never stops with one character. A character who has previously mantled another will suddenly mantle a third and then fourth (Tiber Septim). There need to be rules against this sort of thing or else after a while, we'll see characters who have a few hundred others under their belt in a perfectly acceptable, reasonable, and worst of all, explainable manner.

It's one text and I have every right to question the factuality of something that thinks that something can be infinitely far yet still visible, that something is infinite but appears limited and spherical because of "mortal mental stress". Especially when it's being written by people who haven't even explored past their own continent (although that might explain their inability to believe that the planes can actually be spherical). I question it because I believe while I can see where they're coming from, I believe what they profess ultimately doesn't add up when viewed from a perspective not limited to observations only made from Tamriel. It is unfortunate that there aren't more texts on the subject, but it's not sufficient reason to give it special treatment