Thread: The elder scrolls: What happens when Daedra dies in Oblivion?

The elder scrolls: What happens when Daedra dies in Oblivion?

Hey everyone, I was working on a mod involving exploring a small new section of the Deadlands, and it got me thinking, what happens to a Daedra when it dies while still in Oblivion? I know that Daedric beings are immortal and that when they're killed on Tamriel they are sent back into the void. But they're already there when they die in Oblivion. What happens to all those Daedra you kill in the gates? Do they just get sent further into the Void?

Re: The elder scrolls: What happens when Daedra dies in Oblivion?

They're their realm daedra prince or prince's realm etc. Also, the aedra are in no way in hell in any condition to defeat a prince, as they all pretty much gave an arm and a leg literally and figuratively to create Mundus. The only one that really could is possibly Akatosh, as he does eventually devour everything. Hell, there really has been no mention of anyone being removed from existence during this point, unless they zero sum .

What I'm saying is that if a Daedric Prince was defeated while inside their realm, would they just be reborn, or would they be destroyed, and their realm with it. Of course, something that never made sense to me, was that the Champion of Cyrodiil became ruler of the Shivering Isles, but yet, he/she wasn't really a Daedric Prince. So, when Jyggalag left to complete the Greymarch, when he was defeated,

Perhaps the realms aren't the princes themselves, but rather shaped by and bound to the Princes. Hence why Jyggalag could be defeated, because by becoming the new Prince of Madness his link to the Realm was severed. In addition, there's a third player in the Shivering Isles; the Tree of Madness itself. To be the Prince of Madness, the player must be bound to it. And it seems that the player's Sheogorath powers are derived from it as well

Assuming that Akatosh can unfurl himself enough from the Mundus causing untold amounts of chaos there to project himself into Oblivion. Assuming that he can sustain himself and keep himself together while he gets close to me. Assuming that he still has enough power to curb-stomp my avatar. Assuming that he can then protect himself from my final curse, I would be without an Avatar. I might be scattered over Oblivion and it would take me some time to collect myself. But not terribly much would change.

Why is it implausible that there can be other suns apart from Magnus? For that matter, why is it implausible that the little cosmological texts could be wrong? Why is it that the Aedric Planes can be seen from Nirn, but the Daedric ones cannot. Fact is, we have very little cosmological lore, a great deal of which is from a text that frankly, I find hard to believe that the mortals who wrote it really know what they're talking about. It sounded to me like an attempt to explain something that they do not understand.