Thread: Fallout New Vegas DLC: Why vault 22 in Zion

Fallout New Vegas DLC: Why vault 22 in Zion

Why use the plants and vault 22 in Zion why not the Mr House vault instead if any vault at all So instead of being attacked by plants you'd be attacked by concrete instead? I was referring to the people that left Mr House vault like the dr that saved your life in the beginning of game. Or why use any vault for that matter. Anyone have any further information on this? Please let me know if anyone get anything regarding this.

Re: Fallout New Vegas DLC: Why vault 22 in Zion

I am not asking some long lost question. Just simply why vault 22. Vault 3 ok fiends killed em all ok. 30something became boomers. That at a standstill left 22 and the one that was empty the prisoners raided. From what I remember reading thru vaults terminals and saving said ghoul from it was wiped out by the plants no sign of anyone leaving it alive. I think even some conversations refer to some raiders or mercs opening vault 22 it was sealed. There was the kill who gets voted for vault bunch of debases in that one. I think like 4 in total or maybe 5 vaults in Mohave so I am curious why they picked 22.

That’s what I didn’t understand. If it was such a pita for my small group to get to Zion. How did a group of over a hundred from vault 22 do it? We had to have come thru the same pass they did. it was info just seemed tossed in there with no background info on it from our point of view. It was first there was a big boom. Then poof the vault dwellers from 22 are there. Now there dead. They ate people. And I killed them but some ran away. Knocked up one of em killed her taking baby out though. Well now kids show up I help em then die. Now player shows up and after already going through vault 22.

Who says they shut the door? No one except you. I never mentioned the door being shut. You complained that the vault computers didn't mention anyone leaving and I told you why. The mercs didn't try and break into the vault they tried to find the data inside the vault and got killed, and possibly turned into spore carriers. And trying to compare reaching Zion now to a century or so ago when the residents of Vault 22 did it is pointless.

Well there is a big difference, FO2 never mentioned Spore Carriers, and they were simply giant Venus Fly Trap plants with a bite attack and a spitting spike range attack. The ones in Vault 22 are about the same, what is different is Spore Carriers we see in the caves (and in the Vault 22 Camp), considering those were unique to Vault 22 and are the mutation of a fungus. Someone isn't thinking about how and where some of the vaults were built. Vault 22 was built near a natural cave system.

If you go back to Vault 22 and read the computer records, you will note that almost everything we learn about Vault 22 is what Keely (the ghoul researcher for the NCR you run into) has concluded. Keep in mind she only has been in the vault a few weeks (at most) before you getting there. She's the one, who talks about deaths and everyone dying, but what she actually is reporting on is where she found the bodies and what she thinks happened.

Realistically the only reason I can ascribe to Obsidian for choosing Vault 22 would be the desire to add monsters to the DLC. Zion National Park is about 166 miles from Las Vegas. There is no direct connection (cave systems or otherwise) between the two, with the exception of I-15—and even that doesn't run directly into the park. It comes closest to the northwest corner. The main entrance is off SR 9 in the south at Springdale and follows the Virgin River along the floor of the canyon.

This corresponds (somewhat) to the games South Passage. But, of course, in Real Life there are no tunnels and a lot less water. Since the elevation differential in the park is 3,000 feet it's a little difficult to get from here to there within the park. Having said all that, it's just as likely that settlers came from Vault 22 as any other. And they probably got there by walking along the roadways. Figuring 20 miles per day in ideal conditions and no injured or children walking and using pack animals: 20 miles/day or 10 days at the outside. It's up hill all the way (about 1,000 feet elevation.)