Thread: Fallout New Vegas DLC: Few idea about what's come in OWB

Fallout New Vegas DLC: Few idea about what's come in OWB

With HH out and played through, I've been thinking about what, if anything, we can take from this expansion that we can apply to the next. A few ideas: Three of the four DLCs have/will have central characters that we were introduced to in FNV. Dead Money had Elijah, who was mentioned several times in relation to his previous position as head of the Brotherhood's Mojave chapter. His fate was left vague. Honest Hearts had, of course, Joshua Graham. And we know that Lonesome Road heavily involves the courier Ulysses. But what about Old World Blues? Is there a character who we already know about that will be a key player in that? The pattern of the other DLCs says it's very possible. What do you think? And what are some other ideas?

Re: Fallout New Vegas DLC: Few idea about what's come in OWB

You'll notice that the central characters of each DLC are an enemy of a major faction in the game. I.E: Father Elijah and the NCR. Joshua Graham and the Legion. Ulysses and the Courier (so Independant/Yesman). So chances are, the central character of OWB has ties to House. I just have seen people on this board speculate that House's half brother is involved with the Big Empty, but I can't remember what evidence they found to back up such claims. Also, aside from Benny, he is the only character with ties to House.

The evidence is that Elijah states he has been to the Big Empty, and that there were Securitrons there. Securitrons were never distributed for use by companies or civilians, so it's likely only Mr. House had any access to them, foreseeing his life after the war. However, beneath the television screen on every Securitrons is a plaque that says "H&H Tool Company". That suggests that besides Mr. House's RobCo Industries, the H&H Tools Company was also involved in the production of the Securitrons.

my idea, renegade members of the Mojave BoS (who were left outside after the lockdown) kidnap the courier in order to get his/her help in claiming the technology inside and the central character asks for your help in getting rid of them. And the use the cover of a "science experiment" to do so. You can choose to help the BoS or fight them. And this is just my guess, you’re captured by some of the lobotomies, you can team up with them against the bigger threat, which could be the AI of the facility.

I just can't picture it. Look at everything else we've heard about House in the game. There's very limited commentary on Mr. House if you compare it to the commentary you can find on the NCR, the Legion, and hell Ulysses. You could actually make an argument that there's more commentary to Ulysses than there is to Mr. House. For that reason, I somehow doubt that after all this time and one month before the final DLC is released, we will lastly meet someone that dumps a crap-ton of info on Mr. House on us. Maybe we'll find terminal stories that refer to him, sure, but his brother or an AI character that discusses him?

You have to go to down pretty far as i remember. The list of it is the Sorrows were descendant from vacationers that were camping in the park. Their language evolving from a mix of the languages of the different people i.e. German and English and French etc. In game the terminal messages mention of Vault 22 evacuees attacking them or trying to take the park from them, thus the survivalist going to war on them. The survivalist took them on as his children all met tragic ends. He would leave them things like antibiotics, weapons, books, and food without being seen. They were normal people with little survival skills, so he watched over them.

You're mixing up the Sorrows and the Dead Horses. The Horses are not native to Zion; they are here at the bequest of Joshua Graham. The ancestors of the Sorrows were the children (escapees from 'the School') befriended by Clark. The earlier group of refugees (the Mexicans) the survivalist writes about was all killed by the Vault Dwellers, decades before the Sorrows arrived. There seems to be a lot of confusion, mainly because most people come across the Survivalist notes in random order depending on the order you go into the caves.