Thread: Cannot change resolution in Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Cannot change resolution in Operation Flashpoint: Red River

I like to play games on my computer. Recently, I started playing Operation Flashpoint: Red River but I found that the resolution of the game is very low and so I am not feeling comfortable to play the game. I tried to change the resolution of the game but was not able to change that. I tried to do that many of the times but all the times it was unsuccessful. Please tell me that why it is happening to me or how can I change the resolution.

Re: Cannot change resolution in Operation Flashpoint: Red River

What is the graphic card driver that you are using in your computer? I am asking this because there might be some problem with the graphic card that you are having in your computer. So you need to check that. If you want then you can connect that in some other computer and see if that is showing the same there as well. If you get the same there as well then it will conform that the problem is to the graphic card. Now you know that what you have to do. If that is under warranty then go to the dealer otherwise you will have to buy a new graphic card.

I am agree with the above post that the problem can be with the graphic card but before moving directly to change the graphic card, you can try to update the driver for the card. It is also possible that the driver is outdated or corrupted. Search for the latest driver available and install that in your computer. If the driver is corrupted then updating the driver will resolve the problem. I hope this will help you.

What is the resolution that you are trying to set? In my case, I have set the resolution to 1900 x 1000 and the game is running without any problem. If you want then you can also try to set the resolution to the same and see if that can be set to this value or not. There many are many of my friends who are on the same resolution and the game is running fine. So do it and I wish it will not give you any problem this time.

If you are having the Windows XP installed in your computer then you can do this. Right click on the desktop and select properties. This opens the Properties window. Select the Configuration tab and see the slider to adjust the resolution. Slider and slide it to save the changes you want. If they are able to do in normal mode as I told you then you can do this in safe mode. Many times the things that cannot be changed in normal mode are simply changed in safe mode.

If the previous post did not help, then you can do something. Go to safe mode. To enter safe mode, keep pressing the F8 key when windows is loading. This will show a new screen with options like Safe Mode. Select it and press Enter. This starts the computer in Safe Mode. Now you have to uninstall the ATI driver and set the default VGA driver. Once complete with this, and then you have to install the driver again. I hope this will solve the problem for you.