Thread: Port forwarding have solved the connection problems in Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Port forwarding have solved the connection problems in Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Well I have installed Operation Flashpoint: Red River on the computer of mine. I have noticed that the game is seems to be having a connection issue when I am trying to play multiplayer game. I am unable to figure out why this particular issue is being happening on the computer of mine. Any help on this particular issue would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Port forwarding have solved the connection problems in Operation Flashpoint: Red River

I wanted to know answer of the below mentioned question so that I can figure out the root cause of the problem. Let me know which operating system do you have installed on the computer of yours? From when you are getting above mentioned issue? Can you tell me which router do you have installed on the computer of yours? Do you getting any error message when you are trying to joining the game? So answer the above mentioned questions early as possible.

Re: Port forwarding have solved the connection problems in Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I think you need to do port forwarding. Well you need to do port forwarding to port 9106. Once you have done the same you will not have the connection issue which is associated with this particular game. so you should do the port forwarding appropriately on the router of yours. so you should try the same I am hoping that it would be useful to fix the matter of yours.

Well I am not much familiar with the port forwarding. However the problem with this particular game compared with other game is in the way the server is setup. I have noticed number of game which is having the dedicated server with all the ports are open. In the scenario of this particular game if anyone has strict the nat then other player would have really hard time with the connect with each other. So you should consider the point which I have mentioned over here.

I am highly suspecting that the problem which you are facing is happening due to router itself. Well I am suggesting that you should hard reset the router of yours and see whether it is making any difference in the situation. Also you should upgrade the firmware of the router and see whether it is making any difference in the situation. So try the above mentioned thing and let me know whether it was helpful to you or not.

Let me know whether you have installed any firewall or any security software on the computer? Well if your answer is yes then I am sure that it would block the ports and due to which connection issue might be occurring. Well I let you know that you should simply disable the firewall and see whether issue is persisting or not. If issue is not persisting then you have to configure the firewall in way so that you will not get the connection issue which you have mentioned over here.