Thread: The Elder Scrolls: What are your fictional religious views?

The Elder Scrolls: What are your fictional religious views?

Have definite sympathy for Dwemer beliefs, but outright Atheists let's face it get the shaft in this storyline. The writers like to use religious metaphor to communicate human progression, and to be honest, who could blame them. I almost think Vehk may end up having the best perspective. Kind of a get Shor's whole Loveletter thing but sometimes I also like to do my own thing" sort of view. Put into this context, have to definitely go with Boethiah the Revolutionary. Combines go unto the Sharmat" with a dash of Historical Materialism, for the win. Good thread, btw, though the results are generally pretty expected.

Re: The Elder Scrolls: What are your fictional religious views?

I am an atheist in real life however I do identify well with Bosmeri nature reverence, the Khajiiti creation beliefs, outcasting of the orcs, the hardy nature of the nordic gods. What Daedric cult do you most identify with? The Taskmaster sounds like me in many ways. Also Peryite at least helps out his followers. That and the fact the form he takes on is a dragon, one of my most favorite mythical creatures.

They do believe in the gods, they just don't believe in their power, and the world. They see it as a prison, much like the aldmer/altmer. Hell, they themselves wish to become a god themselves, but made a minor mistake in the process maybe. The only difference between the dwemer and aldmeri beliefs is that the dwemer wanted to go the extra step further and go back to the first stroke of Padomay and Anu, not the Dawn, which is where the aldmeri beliefs wants. They also didn't seem to view destroying Mundus is the only way to go back. I think a major problem with the poll is that there is no little summary of which culture believes in what, leading to some confusion.

I kind of associate more with the Dwemer way of thinking, maybe mixed with the Breton or Nordic Pantheon. My Character doesn't really worship any of the gods , but chooses to follow and pray to Logic and Reason. He still finds value in believing in the nine divine though, he believes that their sacrifice to create the world was necessary, and that it was required to bring about the creation of a new order of Gods to originate out of Men. They were merely the ingredients to create real gods. The broken spirits of these past gods should help the races fulfill their divine nature, and not hinder that just so they can go on existing. Some of the "gods" understood what they were doing when they created the world. Some of the nine divine, and Lorkhan for example.

when I listen to her actually saying those quotes, it is obvious to me that she is saying it facetiously. In a way that someone might ask regarding someone really idiotic does he even have brains. Or about lazy people, "Do they do anything besides sleep. Obviously, the answers to those questions are yes. Dumb people do have brains and lazy people are awake occasionally. So when I hear her ask if the gods even exist, it is her just ranting about their non-interaction with her life and she says that they might as well not exist. So it's more like her "question" is actually a rhetorical statement of her frustration/god-hating mentality.