Thread: The ElderScrolls: Dragonfires in second era

The ElderScrolls: Dragonfires in second era

So could someone explain me why there was no Oblivion crisis for that hundreds of years when tsaesci ruled the Empire, and how could Tiber wear the Amulet of Kings being just kind of Nordic general? So please let me know what is the Drafonfries here and I really want to know about the same so please let me know what I can do to get the perfect information regarding the same. Please help me in this case as soon as possible since i want to p;lay the game at its best.

Re: The ElderScrolls: Dragonfires in second era

I think the reason that there was no such crisis is that there were enough towers functioning properly at the time so that even if White-Gold wasn't actively doing its part, there was still enough of a barrier. For example, Red Mountain in Morrowind was still functioning because the Nerevarine had not yet freed it from its prison. The reason we had the Oblivion crisis in the 3rd Era was that both Red Mountain and White-Gold weren't functioning, so the barriers between Mundus and Oblivion were thin enough for Mehrunes Dagon's forces to break through. Based on what I have read around here, I think I'm correct, but one of the more experienced lore gurus may correct me.

Given the kind of daedra forming Dagon's army, along with the hints we get of what he was going to turn Tamriel into and what actually happened, I have a theory that Azura, Mephala, and Molag Bal provided material support. Then pushing that theory further, Meridia, Boethiah, and Nocturnal/Namira honestly, is there a difference provided tacit support, while Sheogorath, Malacath, and Sanguine openly opposed the invasion, with the others in varying degrees of neutrality.

In my mind's eye, I put Namira as somewhere in-between Nocturnal and Vaernima and so when I start talking about the Darkness that is to come with the fall of a unifying empire, Nocturnal and Namira tend to get used almost interchangeably. Anyways, Nocturnal claims the Void of Oblivion to be her realm and it serves her interests if there isn't such a bright light shining from both the Towers and the Empire, but not enough to warrant pissing off other Princes over it. If you want that in terms of Namira, an extension of her pervade tends to have very anti-civilization overtones to it. Or at least disestablishment overtones.

I have already heard this explanation, and it's good enough but that Mark fairy tales keep discomforting me with its total divergence with in-game literature. But as I thought there's no better explanation so far. Let's hope that Skyrim will confirm this one or give us a better one . And about Tiber Septim does the thing he is Dragonborn mean that he is an Alessia's descendant, or was he just worthy of becoming an Emperor, so Akatosh let him wear the Amulet.There's no word I found in lore about his real kinship with Alessia.

There is a strange thing in that Tower theory Numidium was created much later than other Towers, and it's stone at the beginning was the same as Red Mountain had - the Heart of Lorkhan, as Mantela its own stone - was created in the very end of second era, so I can't see how Numidium could help holding Oblivion sealed. That theory still has huge holes in it. There are many Dovakhiin's in Tamriel so I don't think that being Dragonborn means that he is Alessia's descendant. The GI Hub Update says that he was one strong Dovakhiin tough so that’s probably why he was allowed to use the Amulet.