Thread: Best HH ending in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Best HH ending in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Seeing as how I'm on PS3 and won't get HH until much later, I'm wondering which ending do people think is best? Obviously killing everyone and letting the White Legs win is the worst but which is better: Evacuating Zion or Killing the White Legs? Killing the White Legs is the best ending since the White Legs are permanently gone as a threat while the evacuate Zion ending only has the White Legs disperse after they already destroy the Sorrow's home, the Graham ending has the Happy Trails prosper and the 80s are removed from the highways due to the Dead Horses and Sorrows while the evacuate ending has the company struggle.

Re: Best HH ending in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

There is no way to do that. Either the Sorrows remain peaceful and lose their home and most of their tribe or they can become violent, kill the White Legs, and ensure stability in the entire region for ages to come. I've heard there is a way to do that if you pass a 90 speech check with Graham. I have a PS3 and can't play but from what I've seen, the White Legs are psychopathic and only psychopathic and/or very evil Couriers would help them. And no you can't kill the Sorrows and Dead Horses for the White Legs.

Personally, I like the Graham ending (with the 90 speech influence) more, but I think the real ending is the one with Daniel, first because it has a 40G achievement while the other ending has only 30G, second because I think the whole story is a little bit of a metaphor about leaving Eden/Paradise/Home and growing up. Also, the consequence in Daniel’s ending seems more positives. I think Daniel ending is more about the tribes evolving while Graham ending is more about him and his inner demons.

The evacuate ending does seem more positive though, in the ending slides anyways. As long as you do everything to prepare for the trip properly, then everyone turns out better. I think it also reflects the theme of "turning the other cheek." Like, if you evacuate Zion, the endings are overall happier, BUT you pay for it with a White legs infested Zion. It reflects the apparent futility of being peaceful in the face of such danger and how hard it is to do so, but makes the statement that it does actually pay off.

The best ending in my opinion was fighting the White legs with Joshua, and then asking him not to kill Salts, Daniel is crying regardless of what ending is chosen: The Sorrows become stronger from the battle, Josh becomes more content with himself, the Dead horses go home, and Happy trails gets lots of trade. Tell Graham to go ahead and execute Salt-in-Wounds like the dog he is. Sure the Sorrows go a bit. Crazy, and Graham mutilates the corpses, but everyone stays true to themselves.

If you compare what Caesar did with the Blackfoot tribe to what Graham wants to do with the Sorrows, it's practically the same. He's taking a losing tribe that's under attack and reforming them, teaching them the ways of combat. Since the theme of the DLC is pretty much the Bible, the general feel I got was "Violence begets violence" and in a less biblical sense, "those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it." I decided it probably wasn't a good idea to let Graham walk down the same path he'd already walked down, let alone one similar to Caesar's.

I must admit the endings are well done. Though I'd be willing to argue that evacuating Zion truly is the good ending, you leave VERY unsatisfied if you do it. Things just don't feel finished, probably because you don't get to see the benefits of your choice (quite the opposite, the White Legs control Zion), Zion as a location turns into a hell hole (no friendly NPCs, but plenty of hostile White Legs and mutated animals) and you don't feel as though you've gotten closure. You have no idea how the Sorrows are doing, no idea what became of Graham.