Thread: Which is the best Guild in TES?

Which is the best Guild in TES?

Hi friends I just want to know which is the best guild and which one I should go with. I mean I know there are four major guilds in this game that is the Elder Scrolls and they are Mage's Guild , Fighter's Guild, Dark Brotherhood ,Thieve's Guild. So which will be the set one and I want to go with the same one. So my question belongs to the experienced user please let me know what I can do to get the better one.

Re: Which is the best Guild in TES?

In Daggerfall, the Thieves Guild is actually an organization full of thieves, muggers, prostitutes, brigands, rogues and people who take children for ransoms. Nothing like Gentleman Jim Stacey in Morrowind with his Bal Molagmer Robin Hood or the Gray Fox who give money to the beggars. I'm hesitating between the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood in the Infamous question. Both have done good things for the political world of the Empire, but they also commit atrocities. The TG helps the economy while the DB sometimes get assassination contracts from anonymous individuals who'd like to see corrupted royal figures removed.

That being said, I feel that the Fighter's guild is the most noble though not by much, the Mages guild would win if some ridiculous fight broke out it's magic, people, magic and the Dark Brotherhood being the most infamous. The Thieves' Guild going by Daggerfall and Morrowind weren't actually so top secret, as long as the Thieves' Guild kept off the Empire's lawn, they weren't ultimately concerned. The Dark Brotherhood, however, was a malevolent, illegal, and ultimately freaky bunch, very infamous.

Mages Guild, a mage could do so many things anyone else would drop dead before they get their weapon out. Dark Brotherhood, sure they are murderous cult fanatics, but they are noble in what they do, they work for one common goal and do not stop for petty distractions like the other guilds. Thieves Guild, i will not accept oblivion's thieves guild as the generic thieves guild, the thieves guild IMO are a bunch of gangsters who steal, forge documents, smuggle drugs and kill for their own gain.

I think it makes perfect sense to go off of Oblivion. After all, you wouldn't call every modern German you saw a Nazi. It would only take a contract for the entire Mages' Guild to be wiped out. And, as Listener, I know the Archmage personally. They are the only guild in Oblivion that seem to bear any sort of integrity. The Fighters' Guild, as was said before, just goes out and roots out other organizations just to get jobs. The Mages' Guild (even if we go as far back as Morrowind) are 1/2 lunatics, 3/8 people that just want you to do their bidding, and 1/8 people that actually have some kind of virtue.

I accidentally voted Mages' Guild, but I would think the Fighters' Guild. The Mage's Guild is just filled with eccentrics, The Thieves' Guild doesn't even exist as far as the public is concerned, and even less is known about the Dark Brotherhood. The fighters in the Fighters' Guild seem to just turn into thugs when they don't get the work they think they deserve. At least in Leyawiin, they would probably seen as nothing more than nuisances.