Thread: Companion Idea for Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Companion Idea for Fallout: New Vegas DLC

You help Sarah Weintraub overcome her agoraphobia and she agrees to travel with you but before she can leave with you, you, have to go out and find someone to tend to the Vault 21 hotel. Maybe her associated perk could have something to do with luck or Gambling seeing how that’s what her Vault was geared around. I liked her as well, but I don't think there really is a base for making her a companion. It’s too much of a flat character, I think. Also she really isn't a fighter. Someone like Sunny Smiles I'd love to have as a companion.

Re: Companion Idea for Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Dead Sea on the other hand could always be told by Caesar to join up with The Courier and give a helping hand and let Severus take control over Nelson instead. And Anthony, He's just weird. I'm sure that Caesar could allow him to join The Courier even if he is the hound master. And hell, with the right back-story and personal quest those two could be incredible companions. Sure Dead Sea is very militaristic and Anthony's voice is kind of like daggers to the ear drums but still, would be awesome companions.

I hate Boone as well xD Antony would be okay, but I would like the option to order him to keep his mouth shut. Dang, that voice plain creeps me out. I don’t know generally I don't really like Dead Sea because he's so unfriendly, even if you're with the Legion. However, when you're working for the Legion, although you're not officially in the Legion, you're playing a very, very important role. The Courier is the one killing House; they put the Courier in charge of assassinating the NCR President. Heck, they even send the Courier after General Oliver, actually making him/her head the assault on Hoover Dam while Lanius is cowering in his tent.

I think that some downloadable content should be made to allow a second player to take control of a companion in split screen mode. Even if it is only basic, and the main character does most if not virtually all of the rest of the work. Even if the second character can only take control of whichever companion the main player gives him/her, and can only wear or use what the other player gives them. Even, if the second player/companion cannot use a pip boy, or engage NPC's in the game.

I've been thinking of a character that’s an Ex-Jackal. He has a history of using explosives for raider ambushes and laying booby traps. He also has been a former (maybe not so former) cannibal due to his upbringing as a Jackal. Also Talon Company is just Merc-[censored] s. Remember Nipton? CL doesn't like cowardice men for hire they want true loyalty. Also that’s East Coast and there’s not enough lore on Talon Comp to see how far they branch out.

The Fable series did a poor job, but at least made an attempt. Would like to know if any of the Game Team have considered this, and if it’s even possible, Or would we have to wait for the next installment, and has it even been considered for that? Would love it if my girlfriend could just grab a controller, press start and take basic control of one of my companions moving, shooting, reloading and changing weapons. I understand how much the game has to handle already, and how much it gives us, which is why I’d be more than satisfied with the basics.