Thread: Fallout: New Vegas DLC - Machine (M1 Garand) vs. Automatic rifle

Fallout: New Vegas DLC - Machine (M1 Garand) vs. Automatic rifle

Hello guys I am starting this thread because I want to know what you guys think about m1 Garand and Automatic rifle. I say the M1 Garand, I prefer semi automatic more than full automatic. And on the difficulty I play on it doesn’t matter how much damage they do. Please share your thoughts about this. Why you think that particular weapon is great in this game. I hope that you guys will share your thoughts with me thank you.

Re: Fallout: New Vegas DLC - Machine (M1 Garand) vs. Automatic rifle

I don't care. While both are cool, both also take too much work to get. The AR is obviously *more* work, but there's an annoyingly large amount of trekking around just to get This Machine. That all might be secondary to the fact that I like to use a very specific weapon set that does not include either of those weapons. This Machine has my pick as it’s easier to get and it can do a ton of damage. The Automatic rifle is nice but the Marksman Carbine works just fine and saves the ammo of the 308 for either the Sniper Rifle or This Machine.

I like anchoring things with the BAR at close to medium range. For distance shooting I bring a Sniper Rifle or La Lounge Carabine. I like to free-aim at distance targets and This Machine doesn't cut it as they made the sight aperture too small. For me, the BAR replaces shotguns. Even though the ammo costs more; it'll take down a Deathclaw faster than a Hunting Shotgun will. This Machine Having to go through an entire DLC to just get a gun that is not as great (IMO) as one I can get with but a few dialog options is a hassle.

I don't think that kind of information should factor into this discussion. I mean, if you're going to do the DLC eventually anyway, you're going to come out with the BAR. And I don't think availability affects how "good" a gun is. Perhaps its usefulness to you, but since it's entirely possible to scrape by in New Vegas with inferior weapons; the assessment of a weapon's quality should only begin after you have it within my opinion.

I do not think the AR (BAR) is as effective as This Machine in overall performance, which means I had both at some time or another. In my opinion, the AR is lackluster compared to This Machine, and what one has to go through to get the AR is more of hassle than to get This Machine IMO, which makes my choice favor This Machine even more. I respect the fact you think that factors like how to acquire an item do not fall into this, but I disagree with your disagreement. Convenience can be just as much of a factor as practicality.

When you start a new game do you immediately go for This Machine or whatever weapons you want? I don't. I just go with the flow. I also disagree that the AR is lackluster. The AR absolutely outclasses this machine at close range. While it has slightly less damage per shot than This Machine, it has more than double the damage per second, and more than double the ammo capacity. It also has a higher crit chance, which when combined with its high fire rate means it will in practice crit way more often than This Machine.

Try doing either of those things with This Machine. The reason I'm against saying one is better than the other is that they both have their uses. If you don't allow yourself to get into close or medium range battles, This Machine is for you. Otherwise, you need a powerful backup. I wouldn't take just This Machine to deathclaw promontory. Sure, it will do just fine against one or two deathclaws. You can probably take them down before they close in.