Thread: Fallout: New Vegas DLC - idea for Anchorage DLC

Fallout: New Vegas DLC - idea for Anchorage DLC

I was playing NV today, and I realized how much I missed the Fallout 3 AR. Then I started thinking of maybe a flashback of an invasion of the US, triggered by a survivor of the war, who has his memories on a computer, much like the brain in Point Lookout, but with the VR pods that make you relive the invasion. I know this isn't anything special, but I don't think I'm alone when I say that I really like to see some of the guns from Fallout 3 in NV.

Re: Fallout: New Vegas DLC - idea for Anchorage DLC

Operation Anchorage broke Fallout 3s *delicate* game balance and smashed it to bits. The Chinese Stealth Suit broke the game *horribly*. There is another Operation Anchorage you know, it's called "Operation Anchorage must die. It unbalances the game which can ruin it for people that like a challenge, not some [censored] experience like Fallout 3. If you complain about it being over powered and game breaking, and then you use it. It just makes you look really stupid.

I think the OP is confusing two wars. China invading the USA was the Sino-American War (2066-2077). The Great War of October 23, 2077 was the one that ended everything. America was invading China. I don't see the need to bring back the Chinese weapons of FO3 or the stealth suit. (Isn't there already one in New Vegas?) Operation Anchorage was a simulation for training about the battle for Anchorage Alaska. New Vegas has those pods at the boomers place maybe something could be done there but I doubt they would be working on a flight sim.

It still amazes me the amount of bad comments Operation Anchorage gets. Ok, I was too keen on the weapon and health system, it was all a little bit too COD as well but, it had an awesome atmosphere. It almost felt nostalgic, being back in the world before the bombs dropped, seeing suits of power armor hanging up and being checked over by technicians, it was a small look into how the world was before. I think people are too narrow minded when it comes to DLC's, it seems no-one is ever happy with any of them.

I think everyone is hanging a little too much on the operation anchorage part of this thread, and not focusing on the weapon comebacks. Which I don’t know why Chinese Stealth armor got brought up because it’s not a weapon. Anyway, I never cared much for the FO3 AR, but I did like the .32 pistol. Although it was just a cool gun, I’m a bad for revolvers which is why I love new Vegas so much. Actually, the Police Pistol from Dead Money resembles the .32 except it is my understanding that the Police pistol can actually kill things without wasting tons of bullets.

I'm in the "don't use it" camp. Unless someone is sitting there with a gun to your head forcing you to play the game with the Stealth suit, then the only way it breaks the game is if you choose to use it. I liked it. I used to run around rivet city just blowing people up with hot-pockets. It’s like a Fun. It didn't break the game for me because I didn't use it to play the game proper. Yes, it was amazingly enough, that so easy.

This is just too painful to read. It doesn't "ruin the balance of the game" if you don't use it. You think it's a bad argument? Well guess what buddy, it's the truth. I'm tired, as well as others on this forum, of hearing kids like you complain. You think this item is game breaking? Well heck don't use it! Seriously, all I hear these days are people complaining over one thing after another. It's a game. Not life. It does not affect you in real life. Why doesn’t use say it with me? It's just a game.