Thread: Fallout: New Vegas DLC - Can't use the new DLC

Fallout: New Vegas DLC - Can't use the new DLC

Like most users I have completed fallout and then downloaded the new DLC thinking I could continue the game after the credits. The only save points I have are on the last quest so in order to play add on, I have to restart the game. What a load of a complete waste of 800 points! Why don't they warn you before you download the new add on!? Please share your experience with me I am waiting for your replies all replies are appreciated.

Re: Fallout: New Vegas DLC - Can't use the new DLC

Actually, if you've read a description of the DLC anywhere 90% of the time there's a mention of loading a previous save from before the end of the Main Quest or, in the actual game, there's a big paragraph of text that pops up on your screen telling you something like. This is your last real choice to make before the end of the game. If there are any quests you wish to complete before moving into the final battle at the hoover dam, do it now. If you're ready to move forward into the point of no return, then select the option that you're not ready yet.

I think you and many other people are like Bethesda’s. It has nothing to do with assumptions or lack of reading. They are the ones who are assuming that everyone that is playing Fallout NV has played Fallout 3 and know to have additional saves to play DLC. First, they make a game that's broken and has plenty of quest problems, but they damn sure made it so you can't leave the final quest. Second, why can't we blame Bethesda for dropping the ball? This is a terrible decision and it was a terrible decision in Fallout 3 that as a company should have listened to their community last time around and gotten it right.

Last, if this DLC is supposed to be played before you reach the end of the game then do me a solid don't [censored] charge for it and try to pass it off as DLC. This should have been part of the core game, period. Bethesda is responsible for patching in a way to get out of the final game save. They basically conned people into a second or third play through. Congrats Bethesda! Not at all but making a game compelling enough to play through again and forcing your players to pay 10$ to play through again is a terrible practice.

They are completely at fault, putting a disclaimer in that says this will end the game and then selling dlc that takes place before that point is backwards. I don't understand why you and many others are saying it's the players fault Bethesda and Obsidian were fully aware this is how the dlc was going to work. That said it should have force saved to give players the option for the future and not assume that players can see the future for the game and make additional saves "just in case".

What you people are not grasping about the complaint? No one is complaining that the game ends at least I'm not. My point is if you’re going to make DLC that takes place before the end of the game then include it in the god damned game. At no point does that message indicate that this decision changes your ability to play future DLC. For instance, Player A finishes the game fully aware that it has a definitive end, but finishes before the DLC is made available. Said player sees that there is DLC available that says you need a previous save file and goes "hey I have one of those I beat the game."