Thread: Level Cap & DLCs in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Level Cap & DLCs in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

I have one simple question, will the level cap go up 5 levels through every DLC or not?? With Dead Money it was raised to 35, which is awesome. I am just wondering what will happen or how they are going to work this. No one knows if every DLC will raise the cap. I really hope not. The game will become very unbalanced and I'll end up a god like FO3. If you pick up the most powerful gun in the game, and then complain about it precisely because it's the most powerful gun in the game, you have serious cognitive problems.

Re: Level Cap & DLCs in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

I hope they decrease it to 25 with the next DLC's. Level 30 was too far to begin with and 35 didn't help at all. So if they plan to increase the level cap with the DLC's then they better make the increase optional or it'll be a slap in the face to every single person who likes game balance. I wouldn't have bought the last Borerlands DLC without it since the story was so bad. With the DLC story arc it's a must buy. It's ultimately up to the publisher to decide.

My gut feeling says yes, but who knows? I am going to guess one more level cap (+5 to make 40) may be included. I too am a bit worried about the increase, as it gets lonely at the top after a while. I think it would be neat if they kept including more level up perks without the increase in level cap. This way we can have a more diverse character without becoming "perfect" again. First off this isn't Borderlands, this is Fallout. Second, the story wasn't even that bad, the dlc was just short. Plus you didn't even get the level cap until much later after the dlc was released.

I want them to increase the level cap higher or removed altogether. For me, it’s definitely an incentive to buy future dlc. I would also like to see them make the increases optional, because that concept seems like a no-brainer and would definitely be a crowd pleaser. God-like players and balanced players living together in harmony. What a wonderful world it would be. I was just using Borderlands as an example. God forbid I mention another game outside of Fallout in relation to current business practices in gaming.

You make this sound like a bad thing. It isn't. Not for players like me who enjoy a little (or a lot, as the case may be) power. As for increasing the cap every DLC? I don't know. Maybe not every DLC, but I see it going up another 5 somewhere down the line. And I will welcome it. But I also won't cry if there are no further increases. Assuming you're talking about the Sniper Rifle, I try to make myself believe that the original version was just a mistake and that they were correcting it and it had nothing at all to do with too many whiny bits.

One should not have to avoid features, items, NPC's et cetera et cetera just because they are too powerful. Maybe I "want" to use the snipers but feel that the game becomes locate by doing so. One solution is patching it. But I think I've figured you out now, correct me if I'm wrong, but you didn't care about the vendor in Dead Money being overpowered, you don't care that the snipers were over powered and you want the cap to go to 50, basically, you "want" to be overpowered and feel that if anyone wants game balance they are wrong cause they don't "have to use it".