Thread: How did you enjoy Fallout: New Vegas Honest Hearts DLC

How did you enjoy Fallout: New Vegas Honest Hearts DLC

I just see few dlc’s of fallout and I like all. Here I am for best one. So here I am coming with Honest Hearts. So what would you rate Honest hearts? I would say a 9/10. Include what you liked and what you didn’t like. As well what should be improved in the Next DLC? How much you vote for this? Let me know your rating and your response about Honest Hearts, and let me know how interesting this and how many people like this game are.

Re: How did you enjoy Fallout: New Vegas Honest Hearts DLC

I gave it 8. Pretty good story and beautifully rendered area. More stuff to do (aside from lots of wilderness encounters) would have been nice. I just finished the major storyline, but have not left Zion because there are at a standstill a couple of caves that I need to find. Once that's done, I'm not sure that the area has any great replay value other than eye-candy. The new weapons were nice, though I doubt that I'll do much more than stick the .45s in my weapons crate, but some of the melee weapons are worthwhile. I did stick with my Spiked Knuckles throughout the whole DLC, so none of the unarmed ones were any great shakes.

I give 7.5. I had quite a lot of CTDs in the few hours that it took to go through the DLC. We'll see if it continues once I'm back in the Mojave, but if I can conclusively prove that it's the DLC, I'm taking a couple of points off of my rating. Stability problems should not still be around by this late date. The 100-pound limit at the beginning was a nice twist instead of taking everything a la "Dead Money". It probably would have been worse if I would be playing Hardcore since I'd have had to leave a lot of my ammo behind. Burned through a lot of healing, though. Not pretty certain if that's sheer stupidity on my part or because I couldn't take decent armor because of the weight restriction.

100 pounds is not a lot to play with in hardcore. Particularly if you want to bring power armor or use energy weapons. Combat Armor, 12.7mm pistol and SMG and an anti-material rifle are all I took with me. I went in as a level 35 so I knew I wouldn't have any problems. Had a few glitches here and there but nothing too bad. I really liked this DLC. Great vistas. I have the explorer perk but it didn't seem to work on this map. Was that supposed to happen?

Gave it an 8. Only lost 2 points for me due to bugs. Especially the "waypoint overwrites" one where undiscovered location markers would disappear as you got close to them. I liked the characterizations, Joshua Graham was real good, gave a lot of texture to the Legion/Ulysses story, Follows Chalk was fun to travel with. The survivalist side adventure was a great story. Was a nice big and pretty map to explore for a DLC. Even better than Point Lookout in F3 as it wasn't so 2 dimensional.

Its only downfall is the lack of a pro Legion/White Leg quest line. It was easy for me to RP past it as my Legion character strongly dislikes Caesar and tribals however I could see it from other pro Legion players view points. It also helps that my character is melee/thrown weapons, and this DLC delivers heavy on the once rare thrown weapon. I as well wish they had not made Joshua Graham so nice. I was really looking forward to killing him, and I think I will have a hard time convincing myself to do it even on my 'evil' character.