Thread: Disappointed with Dungeon Siege III

Disappointed with Dungeon Siege III

No selection, even gender? I do not think it's very good in a game that anyone should have to choose one sex feels like to experience the entire game. I do not want to have to play a little crazy to get the sword and board. Probably a similar story to others. People (i.e. me) are familiar with games like World of Warcraft, where there is no division of classes based on what bits you comprise, and customization is a extremely significant part of RPGs.

Re: Disappointed with Dungeon Siege III

Well, of course, would be superior to include more characters female / female versions. But I am very happy with the 2/2 ratio in DSIII long as the characters are unique sufficient. What caught my attention from the main characters so far is that they play up versions of "stereotypes" used for comic. Within that sense, the entire thing repeats me a lot of Alpha Protocol at the moment. As you simply play games that permit you control the sword shield female typeset? That is quite arbitrary and preventive.

Who cares what additional games have made, the lack of selection within other games does not excuse the ongoing trend? There are a lot of games that have semi-defined characters can be male or female. And Lucas could be called somewhat dissimilar and be the surviving daughter of the huge master. This thing "selection" is a relic of old shooters and Diablo (and revived in the border areas). From what I am able to say 'pure mage' and "pure warrior" is kept back for male archetypes at the same time as women acquire some hybrids.

Apparently, according to my calculations, if DSIII is an action game based on it should not matter much about the characters irrelevant personal life stories, and if a real RPG, then there should be some customization of the basic details. I wonder why you care so much, these are the characters in the game, and you do not have to be a man to choose the male characters, not to be a woman to choose female characters. What you think?

The quantity of work "Michelle Thorton" would have necessary as good as made confident there was simply Michael within the game. Properly it is from the narrative point of sight. You can always do it the way BioWare and have all the romance NPC during the game to be "playersexual" instead of reacting suitably to the character of the player is essentially playing. Not to mention that would have necessary many, many additional reactions dissimilar from all the NPCs that are during the game as the relationship among, say Michelle and Madeleine Heck / would have been dissimilar as a result that the characters have in the company of Michael.

However you'll be capable to play a female protagonist. Next, through the exception of Dragon Age II and the Mass Effect series, not any of the games you mentioned are offering completely voiced characters through a fundamentally dissimilar character. And while you get a female and a male character in both Mass Effect and Dragon Age, Dungeon Siege 3 offers two female and two male characters, which is fully manifested. Personally, I do not care if the player character is completely silent or voice, but it seems that the later is preferred by players and reviewers.

Not doing so is a general incidence. I'm fine through the DS3, however the truth is that there are more games among male protagonists and female characters are few actually good, and at the moment even RPGs are beginning to force the main character's gender (The Witcher, Alpha Protocol, etc.) Not really. The only "pure" character is Lucas, because only close quarter fighting positions. And he has powers that are not so different than magic (bolt of energy, etc.) Katarina is probably the most "pure" character, as it only uses guns.