Thread: Hoping unique dialogue with Ulysses in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Hoping unique dialogue with Ulysses in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

So for a while now, I have been thinking, there was/is a lot of speculation that Ulysses is a Legion supporter. Whether he is or not, I think it would be interesting if all of his dialogue and his tone could be influenced by your allegiance with House, Independent, Caesar, or NCR, and if you're not a supporter of the faction he does, maybe a brief debate/argument over why you've sided with the 'wrong' side. I don't have many other ideas, but I do think it would be really great if your faction loyalties influenced some of his dialogue. What about you guys?

Re: Hoping unique dialogue with Ulysses in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

To me, he's the big mystery of the game. I really like how the DLCs are continuing the story, and I hope all the clues we've been given culminate in a whopper of a dialog with him in the end. Having him be able to respond to our faction choice would be a nice added detail, but what I'm really looking for are answers. Just who the hell is he, and why can't we piece it together now, seeing as we don't have amnesia, yet supposedly we have a "history" with him.

All of these things are obligatory. If we find him and he's like "Hey I like/don't like your choices, let's do this battle thing!" with no explanation, I'll be more that just disappointed. Also, considering the DLC involves a "lonesome road" with him as the focus, I can see him being one of the only characters in this DLC. Because of that, he could have tons of dialogue. All of the characters in Dead Money had a lot, imagine if Ulysses had the amount of dialogue of all 3 of the companions combined. Would be quite a long talk.

The first time Honest Hearts showed up on the internet, I went to the fallout. Looked at the artwork and I saw "The Burned Man Lives!” I was like holy that is going to be one hell of a villain. Turns out he was a legate gone soft and wrapped up like a mummy. Dead Money gave a lot of hints about Ulysses and the way Christine talks about him; I don't figure he's going to be that bad of a guy. However, like most people have said, there is much speculation that he was in the Legion. All 3 factions make me mad, so I chose Yes Man. I speculate how things are going to work out.

Ulysses is a Legion frumentarii or assassin who worked as a Courier, he was the one who were meant to deliver the platinum chip instead of you, but when he saw that your name was on the list he ditched it and said "Let Courier Six handle it" and he walked off. He has since helped Christine at The Big Empty from Elijah who had her trapped and is now waiting in The Divide for the Courier Six. He has past history to the main character Courier Six and was meant to play a very large role in New Vegas' storyline before he was cut.

Why do I get the feeling that this is going to end up like an X-men origins wolverine thing here where he got shot in the head and didn’t remember a thing (in this case your past relations with Ulysses), still sound really, really interesting but just thought of it while I read this post. As for the op posted above (I really don’t care if his with the legion. I like the idea of faction based dialogue, but he just better have a good reason for ditching the job and letting me get shot in the head or he dies on the spot.

Here I also wish to add something in this case. I don't expect him to be a book of lore for the Legion let alone still be part of it. I don't hold any high hopes for Legion at all now, Obsidian hates them and that's that. Makes me wonder why the hell they included them in the first place if they themselves don't even like them. At a standstill look forward to Ulysses, at a standstill love the Legion, but I am not going to get my hopes up anymore.