Thread: Can we get Craftable armored vault suits in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Can we get Craftable armored vault suits in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Can we PLEASE get these in OWB or Lonesome Road? We need more non-food Craftable and this would be perfect for low level characters. Say let us take any vault suit (3, 11, 19, 21, 22, 34) and make it like the armored 101 suit from f3 with some scrap metal and a hammer or something, but with the number of the suit you used. It would add a very nice armor to the game (For those of us that didn’t get the classic pack) and, as stated, would be great for low level characters if it required a low skill to build (I'd say repair.) So that when you can craft it it'd be useful to the player.

Re: Can we get Craftable armored vault suits in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Actually, there is an Armored V21 suit they cut from the game. TBH, I feel that Craftable Armored Vault Suits shouldn’t be kept to the Pre-Order Bonus. The V13 one is obviously special since it is hinted to be the chosen ones/Vault Dwellers. But with some Scrap Metal and a Vault (Number) Suit, I should be able to craft a Vault Suit with the number of the Vault Suit I chose on it. The other Pre-Orders had unique weapons and special armors, but an Armored Vault Suit, for all intents and purposes, isn't so unique, strap a shoulder pad and bandoleer on your belt, boom, instant Vault Suit with armor.

Key phrase they cut from the game. The reason Obsidian CUT the armored V21 suit was to keep the V13 suit from the classic pack special. Why my pre-order pack should be devalued because someone wants easier access to low level armor. Why should it be the ability to craft armored vault suits? Why not the ability to craft light weight leather armor? Or light weight metal armor. It has nothing to do with the difficulty of reading it. If you’re on the PC none of the pre-order items are special because they can all be duplicated with mods.

The V13 suit would still be a "special" item as it would be unique and unable to get by anyone without the classic pack. As for making the other pre-order items, that sounds like a last minute thought on an argument because you couldn't think of a valid reason NOT to have this feature added. I don't see how anyone would feel "cheated" by it either, you chose to pre-order a game at the same price anyone else would've paid buying it on release and got a free code for exclusive and unique items. I don't know as to why the armored V21 suit was cut, but I don't think it's for your reason, as the classic pack was made as a novelty item for fallout 1/2 fans that wanted the items, just as the other packs were made for people that wanted to preorder to start with those items.

I still have my unused code for my Classic Pack, but the thing is, I don't care about 'I can't have those cool toys that guy who spent three more dollars has’. But Dragoon raises a logical point, Vault Suits are all around, I think it would be neat to have Vault Suits to be turned into armors. I don’t care if it has low DT; I would at a standstill wear it. It's a dick move to cut out one item just because some whiner wants to feel special because he pre-ordered.

Please give us some more stuff to craft! When I saw the Gecko backed armor I got all excited. Then I found out it was just regular armor with some extra resistances to it, kind of disappointing. I would love to see some Craftable armor, not just the regular stuff but maybe even some Craftable power armor? Something that would require a ludicrously high skill level to make to compliment the early bonus you'd get from Dragoonofdeath's armored vault suit.

You don't really have a valid reason to add the feature. You just want and armored vault suits for the looks. Statistically your Lightweight leather armor is equal to the armored vault suit. What makes the armored vault suit special is its entire appearance not just the 13 on the back. And how is it not a dick move to make armored vault suits Craftable because some whiner wants new style armor for low level characters? Here's an idea yes vault suits can be armored using crafting skills but they look nothing like the official armored vault suit. They'd have a brand new appearance that way Dragoonofdeath’s can fulfill his desire to armor up vault suits. And the Armored Vault 13 jump suit remains unique.