Thread: Fallout: New Vegas DLC: Power Armor

Fallout: New Vegas DLC: Power Armor

I am just assuming that old world blues will most likely have new power armor and even possibly the lonesome rode too. So I am putting up a list of power armors that I would like in one of the new dlc's. But I would as well like to hear what kind of power armor you guys would like. The List may contain yet to be made but possible variants of power armor in the Fallout Universe.

1. Advanced power armor
    2. Tesla power Armor
    3. Vault Tec Power Armor
    4. Poseidon Energy Power Armor
    5. Tribal Power Armor
    6. Athena Power Armor
    7. Hellfire power armor
    8. Medic Power Armor

Re: Fallout: New Vegas DLC: Power Armor

I am previously preparing myself to a huge disappointment that there is no more PA's in any of the DLC's as Obsidian designers seem to have neglected armors but if by some remote glimpe of light they decide to put a PA in OWB I would like to see a new PAI want to see a T-45d with strength +4 and no agility penalties or a T-51b that has the ability to use an infrared sensor and has a proton cannon attached to the arm.

I would love to have a suit of "light" power armor, a PA suit that qualifies as medium armor rather than heavy. Some sort of bleeding-edge prewar paradigm shift in military technology. Something similar to this in aesthetics. A sort of "powered combat armor" rather than "human tank." According to the lore of the game that picture comes from, that "balcksuit" as they're called, utilizes a stressed hydrostatic system of artificial "muscles" throughout the suit to make the wearer much stronger and faster than any human could every be, with much more emphasis on speed and mobility than raw power.

Bonuses mean very little to me. I'm more interested in the story, the why behind certain technologies, and even the play style they encourage. Medium armor (i.e.: combat armor) makes a character tough sufficient to endure a good amount of damage, but not stride in like a titanium wrapped juggernaut. It's a balance between power and mobility. Something like Hell gate’s Hunter armors would be the sort of powered armor the truly great elite of special and covert ops troops would go for, to give them as many crushing advantages as possible.

I don't want to see new Power Armor(s) so much, but rather a combat system in which the Armor part lives up to the name. I am actually a bit concerned for the future of Heavy armors in F:NV, given how powerful you can get in Light armor thanks to DLC items and perks and how there's really not that big a gap in protection between the two classes compared to the weight differences. The higher DT of Heavy armors, such as Power Armor, gets blown past by endgame weaponry (Ballistic Fist, AMR, Gauss Rifle, etc.) and is rendered moot, while the abilities once can now have in Light armor far outstrip the slightly higher risk of wearing it.

Gannon Family Tesla Armor, which requires being well into the MQ and running Arcade's personal quest to get, offers a DT of 36, while Assassin Suit+Sierra Madre Reinforced Helmet gives a DT of 21 or so. The Tesla outfit weighs 50lbs while the DM outfit weighs about 20 or so. That's 30 extra WGT for 15ish added DT, and given how tough PA is supposed to be you'd think that would be reversed. Since any fight where that extra 15 DT would actually be useful involves attacks doing 100+DMG base per hit, that extra WGT you're lugging around is essentially wasted.

Actually General, I kind of like the way power armor compares to other types in Fallout. Power armor as it is truly a dead-end concept. All the armor in the world won't stop an antitank missile, all the "high pressure hydraulic musculature" piled in won't make the suit move quickly, and all the field engineers in the Army combined couldn't keep a PA force operating at peak efficiency for an extended period. Heavy Power Armor is ultimately a very bad, dead idea. Too expensive to produce and maintain, requires special training and even more special maintenance.