Thread: Need to fix FEAR 2 Framerate with Xfire

Need to fix FEAR 2 Framerate with Xfire

Now as many of you know, after current changes in Xfire during many updates and modifications made to the program itself, FEAR 2: may have got problems by Xfire. You will find that when you use Xfire in conjunction with Project Origin, the frame rate to fall soon and if you're lucky, you can only get a maximum FPS of about 12 to 14, which as per therules of the game is bad. So what to do to fix this, what to do to play FEAR 2 with Xfire and without any frame rate problem?

Re: Need to fix FEAR 2 Framerate with Xfire

After messing about with Xfire a little, I managed to find a way whereby I can get a maximum frame rate possible to play Project Origin While using Xfire! Just follow these simple steps: You have to find the pattern file xfire_games.ini! Just to be sure about your Xfire and any game you are operating. Locate the configuration file xfire_games.ini. Do not play with the BAK file. You ought to find this file in your Xfire installation directory. I hope this helps you.

These steps are only for Windows Vista and Windows 7 users. If you have hidden folders enabled, open Xfire, and go to your tab item screenshots. Click on "local picture" and click "Open Directory". A new box will open showing your screen shots. Above you will see C – Program Details - Xfire - screenshots, click XFire. Instantly you will see xfire_games.ini configuration file. Open with notepad if not chosen yet.

Just to let you know what you're trying, the xfire_games.ini configuration file contains all parameters, codes, game screenings and other bits Tiddy to Xfire to work alongside this game so that you can use xig make screenshots, videos, chat and voice transmission. What you need to find is in this huge archive section allowing you to edit the options in the game FEAR 2: Enter the code | DISABLE_DIRECT_INPUT_HOOK | DISABLE_RELEASE in C: \ Program \ Xfire \ xfire_games.ini "Click on SAVE.

Xfire regularly have updates, which means that it will add more games to the configuration folder xfire_games.ini. This means that code written in FEAR 2: Project Origin (| DISABLE_DIRECT_INPUT_HOOK | DISABLE_RELEASE) will disappear and return to the values! Therefore, every time you release an update Xfire, be sure to bound back to xfire_games.ini file and go after the instructions to add the two parameters!

For users of XP that you probably never experience this problem. I run xfire, steam and one or WeGame fraps playing and I've never suffered from framerate issues. Run at a constant speed 80-200 FPS. I would suggest a real game and not the operating system Vista or W7 in place. But in reality it affects XP too. I had to close Xfire In-Game FEAR 2 for XP and Windows 7 as it unnaturally limits me to about 20-30FPS because the Jupiter EX engine has problems with the way it interacts with the game xig. How to read a post I saw on the Xfire forums is that the engine has a restricted amount of bandwidth and DirectInput xig basically swamp or something.

You can try to ask someone experienced to fix the code. They have not done with FEAR, Condemned, and many more games. You will need to add the code manually each time. I know it is boring, but there is no way around it. I tried to publish in the past about them updating the codes, but did not. So I just have to sadly keep rewriting the code after every game update. A total xfire update does not change the code, but when you apply an update that adds more games that is, an update of the game, will affect the file. ini.