Thread: Vault in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Vault in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

In my opinion Fallout is all about vaults. I loved the vaults in this game with their social experiments and there dark stories to uncover. What I would truly like to see is the addition of more vaults, maybe through a DLC like oblivion had. I want a vault that hasn’t been destroyed, where their inhabitants still live the vault life (not like vault 21, I want a fully functional vault). I haven’t played the first few fallouts, was there a vault like this? One you could live in with fellow human beings? I would even allow vault 21 to have the concrete removed and people live in there, or vault 3's current inhabitants destroyed and some friendly ones introduced.

Re: Vault in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

A Vault as its own add-on? Only if it's a big as the lore says they are. Which is to say holds one thousand people and takes up most of mountains interior. A Vault in a DLC? Why not? I don't expect to see one in Zion but I see no reason why one wasn't in Pittsburgh. Then again Vault 13 and 15 were pretty far from anything so a Vault in Zion might not be out of the question. Who knows how the National Parks were treated in this alternate history, right? As well, the story of Fallout is that war never changes. All the lore exists to communicate this idea.

The vaults inhabitants don’t have to be the original dwellers, just people who moved in. If a vault can handle 1000 people then why not? I like the idea of one being in Zion, if the area is untouched by nukes then maybe they could have predicted this before the war and added one there. I am not sure what the closest cities are, but they could of evacuated people there knowing that when they emerge they would be able to gather food and what not, a little late for that now but.

It was loosely based off of Bartertown from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. It had a lot of nods to the movie. Character names and what not. It was to be a fully fleshed out world space. But, it got dropped with the release of NV and I haven't touched it. It never got finished for FO3; I was still working on building the world. Some NPCs were in place and had scripts but it never got passed that "build" stage. There was a string of quests to gain entry to it. And a string of quests to get a player house within its walls. It was a rather large world space too.

V101 was a functioning vault until the Lone Wanderer's father decided to up-and-leave. Then, the Lone Wanderer because he was a sociopath decided to just kill everybody inside the vault because the love of his life, Amata told him to leave after she called him back. Well, that's at least how it played out in my game, "What? You don't love me the way I love you? And you don't want me to stay here? FINE. Then you'll all die."

I think that it's too tough to write un-opened Vaults personally. How can they correctly convey the wonder and all the questions that these people whom are essentially a time-capsule from the Great War have? Like those people from Vault 34 you can save, you can't do anything with them and it felt like such a punch the in gut too me, an interesting companion whom you take to explore the surface would be good but a whole Vault would be hard and overall pretty unsatisfactory.

I think having an intact, inhabited vault that you could enter would be great. Seems odd that people are dead-set against it. Just because the vaults were social experiments, doesn't mean that the people in them were condemned to death. A lot of them survived for 100s of years, and the experimental setting means that each of their societies would be totally unique and tantalizingly warped. It wouldn't be that tough to program or setup either. Take the boomers; their settlement is basically an above-ground vault. They know nothing of the outside world. Just put them under ground.

As a few people have already stated, I would personally love to either be involved in finding a fully functioning vault or belinked to that particular vault (similar to Vault 101, but not in the similar circumstances). It’s just a shame, that 100+ vaults where made (even though 99% of them where used to conduct experiments) I at a standstill believe that mankind would of prevailed in a few situations. Would love to live in Vault 69.