Thread: Monster ideas in The Elder Scrolls

Monster ideas in The Elder Scrolls

Rock elemental monster first attacks by falling from top of a cave wall and trying to smash you, or coming up from the ground under you in the forum of stalagmites. it is 10ft tall and made completely out of rocks and boulders, related to the storm atronach it can swirl around as a deadly swarm of blunt rocks, most only are made of common rocks but some found have been made of rare ore such as gold or even made of rare jewels, know to live in mines and will attempt to kill any miner who stumbles onto its territory. What you think the monsters in The Elder Scrolls. Please share your ideas thank you.

Re: Monster ideas in The Elder Scrolls

Bring them back or, ideally, introduce something similar in effect. Cliff racers represented a major element of fear in exploration for my characters in Morrowind; something that was starkly missing in Oblivion. Perhaps they were a bit overdone (like clumping three or four together in regions such as Molag Amur and Ashlands), but exercising a bit more restraint would solve this. The element of fear and challenge made me play the game more smartly, made me take wandering into harsher-looking regions more seriously.

overall reinforced some believability into the game that there was something out there that made the wild regions "wild" and something for the average citizen and even the fledgling adventurer to avoid. Besides, when the player finally attained a level of skill at which cliff racers were no longer a threat, it could be seen as a major victory by the player over the land and a major achievement to be proud of. It reinforces the idea of the player growing and becoming more adept at handling and surviving the set dangers of the world.

I agree that something similar to cliffracers. Yes everybody hated them, but a game without challenging foes is not much of a game at all. What was bad was when they were no longer deadly, just hard to kill and swarming in packs. I think any kind of flying creature should have lower health and therefore be easier to kill in one or two blows at a higher level, and if there is a swarm of them, the others should flee when you kill one or two.

Other than that, WEREWOLVES originally left out of Morrowind, totally left out of Oblivion, c'mon Bethesda, get on the boat here. It’s Deadly, scary, and the ability to become one you with increased stats and attributes. Slight immunity to normal weapons (and/or health regen) and weakness to silver (maybe wounds inflicted by silver only heal after you feed?) As far as other lycanthrope goes, there’s a lot of weird ones but I think were bears would be a good addition, stronger but slower than werewolves.

I'd really like to see a return of the were-wolves and the undead creatures from Morrowind. The undead listing seemed really bland to me in Oblivion. I'd love to see the bone-walkers and bone-lords and the like, and all of the summonable daedra. I'd also like to see a coming of lore creatures native to the region of the next ES installment. The very fact that a game should be challenging is why enemies like cliffracers are not needed. Challenging is when you encounter an enemy, and you are killed, so you have to rethink your strategy, or come back at a higher level, cliffracers are not challenging, they're just annoying.

Now I have to agree that the game needs to have werewolves, or some other type of were-creature that is appropriate to wherever it takes place, preferably more than one if suitable, and you need to be able to become one, this could be like Bloodmoon where there are quests associated, or it could just be something that can happen. Problem with cliffracers was not that they was very dangerous but that pure melee characters had to wait a long time for them to come down so they could fight them, with a decent ranged attack they was easy to kill. Ring with fire damage on target was an easy way.