Thread: Food sources in The Elder Scrolls

Food sources in The Elder Scrolls

Have any of you seen a cow in Oblivion? I haven't. Are there any in the other TES games? How about the fact that sheep don't drop mutton when you kill them, yet you can buy it at any random store. I can understand ham, you could probably make it from boar meat, but I've never seen a tree that bears fruit either, yet almost any fruit you can think of can be found for a pretty low price, which wouldn't imply that they were imported.

Re: Food sources in The Elder Scrolls

Where are the food sources? I mean, seriously, if you can harvest every vegetable in the game, how come you can't do the same with the fruit that comes from trees? They have fruit trees in Shivering islles, Allocasia fruit. Does anyone know about it? If yes then please share it with us I really want to know this. I try to find in many ways but within all ways I fall to find it. So please if you know then share it with us I am waiting for your replies thank you.

I would so like to bring a certain quote by a certain argonian those talks about the male genitalia of deers. Regarding the fruit and mutton thing, you can actually harvest them, though the fruit are much rarer than the other ingredients, and I think only very few cannot be harvested (only one I can think of is apple, I’m not so sure about oranges). Ok I looked in UESP and of the regular fresh food that cannot be harvested the list includes pears, oranges, onions, ironwood nuts, apples and beef.

The sad truth is that this belongs in the category of Oversights, along with the lack of toilets, craftsmen to make the various clutter you find everyone, masons, shoe makers, etc. And why do they eat all their meats raw? I am truly starting to believe that Oblivion was released in a beta/alpha state to the public. I am sure that TES would die a slow, painful death (I have said this before) without modmakers. At least on PC that is.

From what I understand, they're a cheap food source. Two of them are "under a buck". Nothing compared to Krogan testicles, I heard that they cost like 500 credits each that like 3000 for a full set. And let’s not forget in Morrowind the sounds of sheep that can be heard in the wilderness despite a great sheep shortage everywhere the player is. But yes, an oversight on Beth's part. Obviously that would've gotten in the way of the daedra invasion.

Sometimes in Red Mountain or the Ashlands, you can hear the bleating of either a sheep or goat. Could be the All-Maker's Goat. They can be heard in some places in the ashlands. I don't have a CS in front of me, but somebody who did would be able to find out what cells have them. The sheep sound is howl7.wav. Maybe it’s an Ash Sheep. There WERE cows in Daggerfall. And moo'd as you went past them. Chickens too. All kinds of animals.

You sometimes hear the "sheep call" in Ald-Ruhn, or occasionally elsewhere in the Ashlands. I always wondered if the developers intended it to represent any particular creature, or just added it as "background noise". Cyrodiil had plenty of farms, except that 90% of them were deserted. Kind of like the abandoned mines all over the place. I guess they import almost the whole thing. I hope this will help you to solve your issue. Thank you.