Thread: Fallout: New Vegas DLC: Honest Hearts won't Start on PS3

Fallout: New Vegas DLC: Honest Hearts won't Start on PS3

I have Fallout New Vegas for the PS3. I downloaded and installed Honest Hearts. It seems that the level cap has been raised, but I get no other indication that the game is installed. No radio message or map marker or quest is activated. I have waited four hours, nothing. I downloaded and installed the game again, but it made no dissimilarity. Anyone have any idea or any suggestion on this? Please let me know if anyone finds anything about this.

Re: Fallout: New Vegas DLC: Honest Hearts won't Start on PS3

For the people who are having troubles getting Dead Money and HH starting you have to delete the Fallout: New Vegas Game Data, NOT your Saved Data. When you start up New Vegas do not let the game patch! Just play the DLC un-patched. If you create a save within the DLC, don't think you can now safely patch the game, do not! I did this with Dead Money and the game screwed up. I spawn in the Mojave Desert with all of my stuff gone and holding an invisible gun. When you are done with the DLC and want to play the main game, then you can patch New Vegas.

If you downloaded Dead Money, go to your history. If you didn't own it yet, use the search option. It's at a standstill there, just not on display. The patch gives troubles usually for two reasons.

1. You have another country's DLC installed on your Playstation for New Vegas, i.e. a French (Canadian) DLC file on an American Game. Delete anything that isn't your region.
    2. The patch can conflict with DLC in terms of priority in the game. It wants to be first, before DLC. To fix that, delete ALL game data (But not your saves!) including the install and DLC data. Reinstall the game and download the patch (es) on startup. Then reinstall all DLC. That should fix it.

I had the similar trouble. I could not play any of my DLC. I now have it working. Here is what I did.

1. Delete all your Fallout: New Vegas 'Game data' under 'Game Data Utility'. Do not delete your saved games!
    2. Download and install only Honest Hearts
    3. Run you New Vegas disc and allow the game to download and install patch 1.05
    4. Then let the game install.

You should then be able to load your last save and have you Honest Hearts DLC work just fine. it did for me.

You may have to start over. I have the patch and everything works fine. When I started my character over for unrelated reasons, all the DLCs loaded up immediately. Perhaps in the update something got bugged with your character/save file? This sounds reasonable. When I entered in my voucher for the Classic Pack, I got 2 downloads, one American and one French. I suppose if someone were to not savor the moment like me, they could accidentally download a different country's DLC, which would after that conflict with the BLUS and not be registered by the game. Well done.

How could Bethesda screw up this badly, this is there 7th Fallout DLC in total (including Fallout 3). 1st PSN is down for a month now I have to deal with trying to get my DLC for Honest Hearts to work, I have heard not anything but good reviews for it, but right now kind of feel like I may have wasted 10 bucks, yea I know it's not much but I could have used it on something else. I will probably end up getting the game of the year edition with it all on there anyways just like I did with Fallout 3 but still me payed for it; I really wanted to play it.

ThumbsUp Re: Fallout: New Vegas DLC: Honest Hearts won't Start on PS3

Well, there may be a possible work around for getting into honest hearts even with the ed-e glitch. May not work for all though. Also you must remove the classic pack from ur game data and fallout completley in order to play all three expansion packs without problems. Removing classic pack only removes the items gained from it which will not affect ur game or saves. atleast not for me... Its funny because to get around the ed-e glitch u have to utilize a dead money glitch. One of dead moneys glitchs is that after u complete all of dead money and return to mojave it removes the ed-e with love quest for some reason and ed-e will become hostile (if still able to find him). So with that said if u have not played dead money and u got the ed-e glitch u should be able to enter honest hearts. If u have already played dead money then most likely u wont have to go back that many saves. Atleast not as far as some people.