Thread: I need a Broken Steel type dlc in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

I need a Broken Steel type dlc in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

I know it’s going be hard to make but I think it’s possible. I know it can’t be 10$ since there will be a lot of work into it but I would pay 40$ for this type dlc. Maybe if it was priced like oblivions Shivering Isles. I would like to see it happen but I know it’s unlikely. I just heard that there will be no end game extending DLC. This has been officially stated by Obsidian. Anyone have any more idea on this? Please share with me if anyone fined anything regarding this topic.

Re: I need a Broken Steel type dlc in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

It is possible, but highly improbable. FO3 only had it because there were two variables to deal with: Killing Lyon and saving you, or killing yourself and saving Lyon. Whereas FNV has hundreds, if not thousands of variables that impact the end game, for example: Which sheriff you choose for Prim, whether or not you destroy the Mojave BoS, Picking a side during the Gomorrah quests, Picking a side during the Good springs quests, Helping the Powder Gangers with everything they have going on (including the group that separated after the jail break), who's side you chose (as well as how you decided to do their quests, as well as some other random variables like helping the misfits or completing the Black Mountain Quest.

The reason why there won’t be one is not because the game has a definitive ending no matter what you do, but because it has so many different endings. It's fairly hard to take every variable, no matter what it effects, or what you choose, and make them all converge into one point to continue on. They would necessitate hundreds, if not thousands of sub stories to explain why things are the way they are and how your choices affected places.

That's the thing, it wouldn't make sense. The ending cinematic explains what happens to the area after the battle, but if the game returned you there you'd have the chance to change this. It would be very odd to say "So-and-so went on to lead a long and prosperous life" and five minutes later they were killed by an errant radscorpion. The developers wanted a definite ending but they were also aware of the popularity of free roam. In order to allow both they kept the climactic battle separate and gave you a warning before you initiated it - that way if you wanted to keep roaming you could.

I really don’t think you understand why (good job bashing people who have reasons why it won’t, when you and other people who want it haven’t said one yet, other than "i just want it to happen" or "I want the legate's sword")

1. as it was stated above there are hundreds of things that have to be accounted for to show you what the area is like
    2. it really wouldn’t be all that fun, you and your factions enemies would be gone and there would be no new quests or story lines
    3. it wouldn’t be as simple as "oh they can just make a DLC for this." no, not at all this would be more along the lines of an expansion (bigger than the shivering isles) or border line entirely new game in size. They would have to add in yet another story line (one for each faction and most likely quests for what groups you did or didn’t help out), a new area to explore, enemies, and quests.

Because if they did do an 'expansion' which allowed for all the variables and catered to all of the factional endings the work involved would be just as much as it would to create a new game. There's also the fact if they try to keep track/account of all the variables you can end up with at the end of New Vegas, the chances are that something would break as it would require a very complex bit of programming to keep track of all the variables. This would also increase the bugs and glitches in the game as the more complex a programme is the greater the number of bugs and glitches in it due to the complexity.

I see a lot of people saying it would be far too much work. To be honest I don't see it, the massive majority of the work has already been done, and it’s not as if they'd have to start from scratch with the world modeling. A few scenarios, some new dialogue, some retexturing of key towns/settlements and different spawn sites for NPC's. Not exactly the similar amount of work as building a game from scratch I don't think. People just lack imagination.

No it hasn’t, there would be no scenarios to play around with. Aside from very small scales incidents. From what you’re asking (and I am not bashing you) it sounds like a slightly bigger scale helping camp forlorn hope. take into the account there would have to be new companions because the base ones move on or depending on your actions leave you or whether you did their quest or any other quest would impact if something was in or out for that specific play through (and there’s a lot, did you help this person or that town, well that persons been killed, and this problem never got resolved.