Thread: Is anyone excited about Old World Blues in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Is anyone excited about Old World Blues in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

After the last two DLC (one you could never return, and I personally wouldn't play again without much coaxing, the other a huge let down) is anybody actually excited about OWB? I am thinking this might be the Pitt of Fallout New Vegas, but I'm a bit skeptical. I am probably not even going to buy it the first day it's released. I was just wondering if anybody has been waiting on pins and needles for this DLC or if all of your anticipation was destroyed by the last two DLC. So much time was taken for the buildup of Honest Hearts and it didn't seem like a near equal amount of time was spent promoting OWB. Am I wrong?

Re: Is anyone excited about Old World Blues in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

If they add a new trait letting you pick a perk every level, I will be. Also if they add good perks or a better cooler set of armor/ energy weapon I will be and if they fix the majority of the bugs in HH and the main game so I can actually beat it for once without getting corrupt data or glitches or some like that. Ah well. By the way it's been compared to point lookout in a few ways I saw some admin on the board say so, If that’s true, and it's not leggy or glitch like point lookout it could be fun.

I just loved both DM and HH. So yes, I am excited. Honest Hearts filled my need for taking some sort of expedition like we always did in Fallout 1/2 (week+ of traveling to a location) and I thought it was awesome, and Dead Money was frustratingly well-designed and had a lot of good dialogue. I don't have high expectations for OWB in order to not spoil it for not meeting those expectations, but I am still excited.

I am not looking forward to it in a generalized sense because that leads to hype, hype leads to an increase in expectations, and that leads to disappointment. I wasn't looking forward to either Dead Money or Honest Hearts and I liked them a heck of a lot more than I liked any of the DLC for Fallout 3, which I had high expectations for. Go figure. Since Old World Blues and Lonesome Road are both being written primarily by Chris Avellone I do admit to at least looking forward to the stories of the upcoming DLCs (Dead Money's story rocked my socks man, and I loved Planescape: Torment and Knights of the Old Republic II's writing). Chris Avellone is basically the writing god of the video game industry.

I know a fair few people have been annoyed that some aspects of the DLC are quite integral to the main storyline (and so should be included in the main game), but I find that has made me anticipate the DLCs more than I usually do. So I get to play a war sim where I fight the Chinese soldiers? That's cool, but knowing that I would find out about Joshua Graham, or Ulysses or stuff like that has piqued my interest far more. Plus I have truly liked the DLC so far, so even with very little teasing going on I'm already really interested to see what else they've got in store.

I am excited about the characters cause they look really interesting but the rest just looks like if they went: "All ideas you had about Science!, write them down on a note and throw them into the Old World Blues box and we will implement them". So my excitement is for the characters which actually look interesting, the sink for example was hilarious and the toaster? I want to have him as a companion.
    But other than that, yeah, just picture something over the top ridiculous twist on Science! And that's what OWB is IMO, just a bunch of random stuff thrown together.

I would have to say I agree a lot with this statement, there was just more to do in FO3. As for OWB I really don’t care, I am expecting it to end up kind of like MSZ. I am at a standstill getting it on the release day though, I am interested to see if there I will be anything to do in the big empty after you beat the main quest or if it will be a letdown like HH (I am talking about repeatable tasks, or mini game kind of things) personally I hope they bring back the ability to be a slaver since the bomb collars were made there.