Thread: Your characters future in The Elder Scrolls

Your characters future in The Elder Scrolls

First of all I assumed this would be okay in this forum, as it is aimed at Oblivion players, but if it shouldn’t be here please move it. Yes, this is a question about Skyrim, but it is for all you hardcore Oblivion players. My question is: what will become of your current character once Skyrim is released? Will you find a way for your Oblivion character to be in this game? Myself, I am deciding one of two options, either my Skyrim char is a descendant of Lissa, or my character IS Lissa the reason for this I can’t reveal as it may ruin her story. Anyway, what about you?

Re: Your characters future in The Elder Scrolls

I usually make a bunch of characters per game and have them all do different things, so they're all simultaneously canonical in my mind. My main character, Nona Sintalius, is already dead. She was killed by another one of my characters, Matilda Iltura, a vampire who has been around since the Second Era, who trapped Nona's soul in a soul gem. My plan is to eventually have that soul get extracted from the soul gem, either to resurrect Nona in some way, or to incorporate her soul into a weapon or piece of armor to make it incredibly powerful.

I actually have a name and a back-story for my first Skyrim character, and she will be a Nord Mage named Brunjild Hanin. My current characters will only be able to play a role in Skyrim as an observer, and a possible quest giver. Brunjild will be a distant relative of one of my older characters from Morrowind. I tried to play my Morrowind characters' Class and Birth sign, but Oblivion Spellswords were not as versatile as the MW version.

I hadn't actually considered it. I have a lot of characters - about a dozen I have played enough to at least establish a good part of their stories and another dozen or so who are languishing, mostly waiting for inspiration. I can't think of any who'd even still be alive by the time of the events of Skyrim, other than one vampire and one substitute god. Presuming I play Skyrim, I will undoubtedly create a new character (and if it's any good, more than one). I haven't connected any of my Oblivion characters to any of my Morrowind characters, but it's possible that I might at some point, if it seems appropriate. I guess the same would go for Skyrim characters, though with the time elapsed; it'd be that much less likely.

I have actually already thought this through so call me sad if you want. I have actually just started to get Sabarel seeing someone else, a younger Mage in the Guild. My plan is to have them move to Skyrim to help the Nords with understanding and learning Magic, so I will RP a Great Grandchild or Grandchild trying to live up to her Grandmothers fame. Until then though I have Diablo, Diablo 2 to replay to get ready for Diablo 3, and hopefully if its released on time I should have 3 months until Skyrim.

I have not thought about it in a great deal of depth. However, I'm sure that members of the Aurelie family and members of the Hlerayn family will make an appearance in Skyrim. My old Morrowind character could realistically appear in Skyrim, as she was young in Morrowind, and is a very powerful Telvanni mage. Helena Aurelie, I doubt. Maybe some mental gymnastics will get involved to re-incarnate her, but in all likelihood it'll be a descendent of hers in Skyrim. I've already got plans for her to have a family, so it's certainly feasible.

For people with access to mods, there's no need. Think about it, you can achieve Skyrim graphics with Morrowind, fix the leveling issues in Oblivion, and add in anything you can think of. I could happily play Morrowind and no other TES games. That being said, they're my favorite series of games. There's also the opinion that TES games are going downhill, which could contribute somewhat. (Let’s not start a flame war).

I find that modded Oblivion still feels like Oblivion at heart. Wouldn't you want to try the whole new leveling system (I don't think there are any mods which change the basic skills and adds a perk system), more handcrafted game world, new quests and such with Skyrim? I mean if you like any TES game sufficient to spend time on these forums, surely more of it is still good. And yes, I know many people thought Oblivion was really bad compared to Morrowind, and while I can't really get into Morrowind for some reason, I agree that many features have been done better in it.