Thread: The Elder scrolls spin off

The Elder scrolls spin off

The only spin-offs that I condone which I only condone because they exist are the Travels games. It makes sense that you would love TES so much you want to carry it around in your pocket. As far as the company, not really too familiar with them but in content, I would like to have something that tied into the actual main game world of TESV not sure how, but for example if I had collected a slew of TES lore, the game could let me access those books on my train ride, or while waiting in the lobby at the something that accented my main game, my TES experience rather than being a simple game on its own.

Re: The Elder scrolls spin off

I think an RTS would just become like Warcraft was before Warcraft became like what TES is. I would like to see another adventure game like Battlespire or Redguard. Look at what they can do with Batman AA or God of War. Something like that with some basic upgradeable skills would be fun. It would also bring in some more fans who might not be appreciated on the forums, would sink more money into the TES franchise and might mean more than one game per generation.

Eye of Argonia was a planed sequel to Redguard that had Cyrus stealing the Eye of Argonia and pissing off the Hits in the process. Rumor has it that it was fully designed but was never produced. Beth has since said that they are not doing spinoffs, but I with the novels and the potential MMO, not to mention the travels games and oblivion mobile, that statement looks to be redacted. I also prefer a sandbox RPG and I prefer a Bethesda made TES game, but if a more linear adventure TES game would be made, like Red Guard and Battlespire I wouldn't mind if it was made by Bioware, as long as the main TES games are made by Bethesda and are sandbox RPGs.

The facegen thing was really nasty in OB, and the best I've seen with the sliders was still rather cartoony. The ability to add facial hair in FO3 was a big step forward, but I'd still like to see a few more default face choices as starting points, so you'd have a wider overall range. I was less than impressed by the actual choices in facial hair than by inclusion of the ability to add it, as most of them were pretty far "out there"; I couldn't find more than a couple that didn't make me think weird on first glance.

The company was nearly dissolved and there was almost 6 years between TES II and TES III. Of course Bethesda are financially much better these days so we probably have nothing to worry about but the current situation with the Fallout spin-off and the never ending speculation about the announcement of TES V feels a bit better. The in-game logic of armor makes it so that steel is somehow incredibly weak, when it really should be very strong.