View Poll Results: Do you want a new Quake?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 100.00%
  • No

0 0%

Thread: We Need A New Quake

We Need A New Quake

This series has been sleeping for too long now and it's time to awaken it. I was eleven when the first Quake hit the PC and it soon became my favorite game. Once Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity released I snatched those up like a hungry eagle. Well I've played every one of them through Quake 4 and one can only live off mods for so long. As well Quake Arena doesn't count I'm talking a full storyline with nextgen graphics. Well Bethesda has the rights so who wants to see these guys revitalize the series?

Re: We Need A New Quake

I am not certain if Bethesda Soft works relationship to id software would have much of an effect on id's licenses. I suppose id joining ZeniMax would complicate their relationship with Raven if Raven hadn't been decimated by layoffs recently. The decision to keep id tech 5 internal to ZeniMax is as well as complicating factor, I don't see future Quake games being developed on anything other than id's engine so it would have to be developed by a ZeniMax studio. I don't know if this makes a Quake 5 more or less likely.

Why have a new quake when quak3r didn't go to quake 4 (in q4max mod), because it was too hard for many of them. Quake is a Sport; quake 4 was faster, harder, with more moves, with very technical duel. One level over quake 3. I think the future is at the minimum a game with quake 4 move (why not with more movement). But quake 3 player will still playing quake 3 because a new game with new movement is not good in them mind. They think they played 10 years a game so nothing has to change.

Quake 4 was more a sport than quake 3. And few people were on it. It is Sad. I can't imagine a quake 5. Harder than quake 4? And so, 200 people in the world will play on it? And if it is the game play of quake 3, what is the goal of quake? At a standstill the similar game for 100 years? I don't think. Or on new quake you have to take people by them hand and explain them everything of the new gameplay? I think before doing a quake 5, quake 4 have to be play again, many people at a standstill playing it, because it is a very good game, better than quake 3, but no competition.

I don't believe id would hold off on Quake 5 in the hope that more people try Quake 4. Just in general I don't think this would work, but it's also an Activision published title developed by Raven so there's little incentive for id to boost the game at this and there certainly isn't any incentive for Bethesda Soft works or ZeniMax. Id is already working on RAGE and we believe Doom 4 so their plate seems to be full for the next few years, but after that another studio could be doing Quake 5.

IF they make quake 5, they should bring back NIN and go back to the 'arena' formula with better character generators and customization. The whole reason I can at a standstill enjoy quake 3 today IS because of its exhibition quality. I thought it really made sense to take the franchise that direction, because DOOM already has a way more convincing and immiscible 'story mode'. Single player fun = TDM skirmish against 4+ (hardcore not nightmare) bots on Q3CTF4.

I don't see what the point is. We have Quake Live. It's pretty much the best multiplayer experience you'll ever get - and it's free. What they can do is continue to improve upon Quake Live. It's just amazing how they brought back Q3A and captured today’s more mainstream audience. You have to hand it to them, they did an amazing job. They are at a standstill patching it up, always adding content, and there's a huge active community and tournaments to compete in. It's so exciting! Quake will all the time live on no matter what occurs.

I would like to see a new Quake in the vein of the original. I never really got into Quake II or the Quake IV sequel as they are too much like other franchises (though I have played both), and as for Quake III, ubiquitous as its engine became, multiplayer wasn't really my thing at that time, and it still isn't. I can't say I would ever play a game quit like the original Quake before its release, and I can't say I've played once since. If I was going to play a Quake game right now, it'd be the original (in fact that sounds like a pretty good idea.