Thread: Your thoughts on PREY 2

Your thoughts on PREY 2

It won’t live up to the greatness of the 1st they went in the wrong direction Tommy and his story was as pure as water now were playing a bounty hunter air marshal scanning plants hopefully PREY3 will serve justice I think it will be better than the first, but I can't help but think that people will think Human Head copied the Portal Gun from Portal. Well, the first rumors say it will be "open-world", kind of. According to Pete Hines Human Head has carte blanche, so I trust them and I am certain we will have a great game with a great atmosphere, the live-action teaser shown it in a way.

Re: Your thoughts on PREY 2

Well while I first heard that Prey 2 was coming I start searching some reviews for it and I just find one review here and I liked it but while I learned that Tommy won't be the playable character I was somewhat disappointed. At least I hope the game will stay stick with Native American mythology, or walking on ceiling. And of course I hope Tommy will appear in the game at least as a cameo. Open world-free roaming might be good for the game. Well let’s wait until we learn some more info about the game to make a judgment.

I have to say; the news that Prey 2 was not only on its way, but also being published by Bethesda seemed like music emanating from the heavens. After everything I have heard of the title, though, I'm a little bit worried. Tommy was a very interesting main character and one of the reasons Prey was so unique. Replacing him with "Random Army" just seems like a horrendously bad design choice. I have a hard time fathoming this is what Human Head wanted to make after the original Prey, especially while you take Prey's ending into consideration.

I thought 2K developed it as well sorry; anyway publishers as well have a lot of power over how games are developed so 2K and ZeniMax dissimilarities will have a few affect on development. My point is regarding the project having been restarted so a lot of thought has been put into what will make this game successful. I don't think the first did very well commercially so they need to change for money issues. It’s a shame but it’s true.

Why even call this Prey 2? Did Bethesda just lock Human head in a room with copies of Blade Runner, Deus Ex Invisible War and Mass Effect? You removed the portal gameplay, removed the puzzles and gravity manipulation and are using a graphics engine that has not aged well at all. They stripped the game of everything that made it original and innovative and created yet another generic shooter. Then again, we are in a severe gaming drought of grizzled space marine, err space air Marshall Protagonists.

I not at all paid any mind to the first prey and I wasn't planning to pay any mind to prey 2, but I saw a preview the mentioned mirrors edge an open world. Now I am hooked. Mostly for game play reasons. It doesn’t bug me that they are including a new guy because I never cared about the old guy. I guess I am not into it for the story. The setting sounds nice. It sounds like a mixed aliens setting. The kind of setting where you could say space cops and not be joking. You don't see them too often in video games.

I started research on the game though there is not much information it does sound interesting to try out when it is released. I have played prey (1) and I really enjoyed it, but this was a long time ago maybe I should give it a shot again. Prey was one of my first 360 games and totally loved it, the setting is awesome and Tommy is a great character. Now, I was always fascinated to see how it continued the story, but this one, I don’t know, it doesn’t have the similar feel. I hope they put a demo.