Thread: Is there any Reviews for Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Is there any Reviews for Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Very interested in this game but with no demo available the community needs some form of feedback as to whether this game is worth buying or renting. I see that it’s out today in America but cannot discover any reviews online for it? I find on many gaming site but can’t find any type review of this game. Anyone come across any yet or knows when they will be available? Many thanks for any replies.

Re: Is there any Reviews for Hunted: The Demon's Forge

I can’t find any review for this but I just wish to add something. So far into the first couple chapters the game is a lot of fun and I can see myself replaying it a few times, unlike many other games (ME2, DA2, etc) so for me that's a big plus. As for the complaint about combat, not sure if they guy just wants to be able to hack with impunity, but you can also roll out of the way after landing a few blows. So far I don't really have any complaints about the combat.

Been playing split screen on the ps3 with my sister for about 3hrs and we haven’t even beaten the first chapter. Just as someone mentioned above, the game is challenging even at the low difficulties (i.e. casual-easy/ gamer-normal/ hardcore-hard). We have been playing it on gamer difficulty and got our handed to us many times. It’s a typical hack and slash but relies much on your partner backing you up and to be frank I don’t mind the difficulty, it just makes it fun! Game play and story is intriguing even though it’s been done before, I at a standstill like it. 8/10 for me!

While none of the critic reviews have been posted yet, as far as player reviews and such are going, the game is getting absolutely shredded on MetaCritic so far, and it seems quite a few people are disappointed in it on Game faq’s and Gamespot. Which now brings up the question; do I refuse the Amazon package tomorrow and get my money back, or do I take my chances with it just being a few disgruntled people?

I have had those connection troubles. I actually saw Hunted trending worldwide on Twitter and not in a good way because of these connection issues. A lot of people took the game back. I will probably take it back too. I bought 2 copies for a friend but seem pointless now. I beat the single player it's not hard on hardcore. Nothing overly amazing happens. Transformers War for Cybertron was better and cost 35 on release.

It will by no means make you drop a load in your pants, but it's fun. And that is what games should be right? I'll give it an 8.5.

Pros:

1. Gameplay is solid, well balanced and exciting.
    2. The characters don't constantly chatter, like some other co-op games.
    3. The single-player AI companion is actually pretty well written.
    4. Playing as a team is rewarding.
    5. Very interesting story with good pacing and set-up.
    6. A lot to do
    7. Varied and interesting environments
    8. Awesome bosses

Cons:

1. As stated above it is quite easy.
    2. The graphics are sub-par.
    3. Some of the dialogue is cheesy and annoying.
    4. Combat gets repetitive. (In the call of duty kind of way, not the Dynasty warriors kind of way)
    5. Cheap "around the corner" horror tactics.
    6. The puzzles need work
    7. Rendering issues (I've walked into piles of rubble).

So yea, it's no BioShock, but it's by no means a bad game.

This one is rather negative. And it mentions a lot of graphical glitches which also cause items to disappear. What I don't understand is certain statements like "Hunted overdoses on earth tones", that guy has obviously never played Gears of War or Fallout 3. Personally I really like the coloring of the game, and find it rather vibrant. He also basically says that all of the game is drab, but doesn't go into detail. I don't know, I have grown fond of Game Informer reviews, but this one is a bit disappointing.

It’s not going to win any awards for its looks granted, but I have established that a few levels appear slightly better than others. Night levels seems a bit more atmospheric and the day levels tend to show up its graphical inadequacies much more, the lighting and weapon effects also appear better at night too. Overall I didn’t really expect much more, but yeah it’s not going to hold up the Gears, Mass Effects or Crisis’s of this world.