Thread: The elder scrolls: Pets in TES V

The elder scrolls: Pets in TES V

I know that the wood elves got something like this in oblivion but I’m talking about actually taming an animal, training it, feeding it. I can’t believe I’m saying this but I actually really like how Wow has done this. When you first get your animal it could be disobedient, not obey you allot of the time and occasionally lash out at you, but as you spend more time with it and keep it well fed it could become more faithful. Obviously you would have to be at least the same level as an animal to tame it. What do you think?

Re: The elder scrolls: Pets in TES V

They did this in Fable 2; it was fun, up until my dog died. : shakehead: RIP: Jasper. It worked well in Fable, one of the best aspects of fable I think. You could play fetch with him and do other stuff (find buried treasure, feed etc), it was the only character I liked. I wouldn’t mind it in TES, you could have more than just a dog (daedroth anyone?). But I’d rather they focus on more important things first. also Beth did it in fallout 3 and it was successful so i hope they continue it into TES V.

That’s not true actually. I think it was in chorrol there was a woman who had dogs as pets; they followed her around and everything. And I think I remember something about a guy with a dog in one of the fighter’s guilds quests, the one with the mountain lions in the women’s basement. I just think it would be a good idea to have a companion, it would make combat more interesting plus they could do what they did in fallout 3 and use the dog to find food etc.

I will always remember my trusty and cute guar from Morrowind and I want future games to have something like that too. It should definitely be connected to a quest and very hard to get though. It would also be nice if there were a variety of some sorts. Some creatures are fit for a knight, others for a mage. I think a horse should be a companion creature too. This way some could travel by horse, others by more fun creatures.

The game didn't force you to do all that stuff doesn't mean you wouldn't have to in the real life. There's really no difference between a pet and companion unless you talk about game mechanics and as far as it goes in this topic, I don't really care. Although I don't see a TES game ever having such in depth (read: pesky) realistic features since it's an ever going discussion on these forums, but without any resolution. To put it bluntly I think Devs think about it the same as me.

I actually think that this may be the one and only concept from Fable II that would work and work well provided that you had to buy a pet from a pet store so that you could just go without a pet all the same. More available choices are always a good thing IMO. If I chose to have a pet I'd want it to seek out treasures and kill those insignificant creatures like Mice and Crabs that are hiding around but not actually after me and keeping me from FT. It can't die. Being unconsciousness and needing to be healed is ok, but I don't want to be going though pets like an inattentive 3rd grader.

It is optional. You can choose to go get your pet or you can choose to forget about it and go assassinate people in the DB or whatever, that means it’s optional. I don’t really understand what you’re trying to say, if you’re trying to say that it will problem bug then that’s down to beths programming. If you don’t want to use it, then you shouldn’t feel bad about losing out on a part of the game. If you feel you’re losing out on it then go get the pet. Fair enough maybe you have a point here, fable and TES are different games. However if you’ve played F3 there is a dog companion there and they are both made by Beth and are both very similar, despite the different setting.