Thread: Which one is your favorite theme title in The Elder scrolls

Which one is your favorite theme title in The Elder scrolls

When I first heard the Oblivion theme for the first time, I thought wow what a ripoff of Morrowind's". Over time I've grown to appreciate the subtleties of the Oblivion main theme, but I still will never ever forget my first impression. It was such a sticking point. I think the many midi songs of Daggerfall deserve some recognition. The shop song is something engraved into my brain because I played that game so much as a child. There were some awesome dungeon tunes as well. Also the Hammerfall regions had great music that really was reminiscent of a hot, desert region.

Re: Which one is your favorite theme title in The Elder scrolls

But all retain something of the first Morrowind which was really nice , magical feeling , mystery , and unique. Oblivion theme instead seemed different but somehow trying to repeat and retake the morrowind style but somehow failed to replace it and morrowind still sounded nicer. The Skyrim theme feels a lot , really a lot more powerful , gives impression of strength , barbaricism and coolness still taking a bit from morrowind theme.

Whilst I find Morrowind's theme the most iconic of the three right now, I never really liked how loud and blaring it sounded - and it constantly chiming in as you adventured throughout dungeons somewhat lessened its emotional effect on me. Oblivion's is the complete opposite - it's loud and memorable for about 20 seconds, and after that the rest is just filler I can hardly care about. Skyrim's is the perfect balance of the two - the weight of Oblivion's theme, with all of the woodwinds and flourishes of Morrowind's.

I just loved the whole Morrowind soundtrack, all the tracks. The main theme was stuck in my head for two whole years, and it still turns up every now and then when I'm just chilling or pondering or when I'm just feeling nostalgic. Oblivion's I liked a bit less. But that may have to do with the fact that I found Oblivion less immpersive as a whole. I'm not sure whether the music has anything to do with that really, because the tracks on their own are just sublime. I think the game itself detracted from the music for me.

For me the avatar is just distracting and bothersome, I got pretty bad ADD and it´s really annoying for me to try and read posts here when people have avatars flashing and moving constantly, if I could I would ignore that user so I wouldn´t have to see his avatar again, and if I can please tell me how to do it. On topic I chose Skyrim since I like Skyrim more for when I want something powerful and Morrowind more when I want something calm and melodic, but Morrowind was winning so I just decided to go with Skyrim, it represents my option that I look at them as equals. I don´t like the Oblivion one so much though.

I wish people would decide based on the quality of the music and the composition rather than familiarity and nostalgia. Morrowind as nice of a theme as it was, was too simplistic for my taste, and wholly repetitious. There is no guarantee that the theme for Skyrim IS the official theme of Skyrim, it could just have been for the teaser in which case I have nothing to say about it..yet. Oblivion wins it for me as far as subtlety and quality of composition. Far more of a dynamic OST that either of those two.

I love both Morrowind and Oblivion's title themes. While I too voted for Morrowind, I'm a little sad to see Oblivion not getting any love from the community. I think Oblivion's theme captures an epic, imperial tone, which is suitable given the game's subject matter. Morrowind however evokes a feeling of wonder and exploration. It's quite a beautiful piece of music.I love Morrowind's theme, but there's a certain nostalgia connected to it, as it brings back so many great memories from the game. I think it is the most moody of the three. But then, Skyrim's theme has such a great buildup. It has my favorite crescendo of the three, but I don't have a world to connect it to yet. For now I'll say Morrowind, but it might change after I actually get to spend time with Skyrim.