Thread: The Elder scrolls in Kinect

The Elder scrolls in Kinect

With TES5 hopefully soon coming out, and me just randomly seeing some Kinect videos on youtube, I just came up with the idea of a medieval RPG game on kinect. I think It could be so cool to have such a game because of the possibilities. Personally I don't think that Bethesda should make such a game, but another company could make one. I hope that you all are getting my point and will make me know that really they are coming or not.

Re: The Elder scrolls in Kinect

It would costs a lot of money IF bethesda should both develop the game to Kinect and any other platform, and therefore take the focus away from the other platforms The Quality would not be as good because Kinect is still weak(slow and performance heavy) therefore the PC version would have worse graphics and so on. The gameplay could be more realistic and maybe a lot funnier .At the time a possible TES6 or another RPG game could be complete, a new Xbox could be done and therefore good quality could be implemented.

I think it would be awesome to have Kinect integration in a future Elder Scrolls game & don't think it's necessary to wait until Kinect 2.0 to have it. I wouldn't want to jump around and wave my arms to play but the voice control functions and maybe using hand motions in inventory management or even ducking or leaning while sitting on the couch to evade attacks could be pretty cool if done correctly.

I would be interested in an RPG using the motion controls except for the very much running around, but not for TES. There are already enough people complaining about how Oblivion focused too much on the action skills of the player as opposed to the skills of the character. That and I haven't heard too many good things about kinect's fighting game. Some other title might make it fun. Don't make TES6 a game. If anything they should make it Kinect optional for certain parts that I would be on board with it... Xbox just tweeted to look out for a Gears announcement at the VGA's. I'm thinking it will be a Gears game with Kinect support. Not Gears 3, however. That's been ruled out.

I don't really know too much about Kinect's potential to vote accurately in this pole, but my personal opinion is that they can try it. If it fails, then maybe we learn a lesson from it, but I've never really seen an RPG on that type of system. It might be interesting to see how Bethesda or any other developer for that matter pulls it off. That being said, from my understanding of Kinect the sensory information these consoles use is still relatively primitive in their style and function in regards to other aspects of the gaming industry, so any major studio would probably be wise to avoid putting their capital into a game like that until all the specs are fine tuned and sensor run games have built up a base following.

I'm pretty sure all of the PC would be up in arms about this. Not only do they despise anything having to do with consoles, they despise any type of user interface that does not involve them hunched over a keyboard with a computer screen inches from their face can you taste that carpal tunnel. We also all know that no one in the ES fan base is physically fit enough to swing their arms long enough to kill a rat let alone a daedra.