Thread: The Elder scrolls : Morrowind Remake

The Elder scrolls : Morrowind Remake

Would you guys like seeing a remake of Morrowind come out a year or two after Skyrim, featuring the same relative graphics and using the same combat, but with the skills and world of Morrowind? The idea came from the Pokemon remakes which really just pooped out the old game ith a new sheen and pleased the fans and made bootloads of dosh. For that matter, would you like to see any other TES games remade? I have only played Oblivion and Morrowind in depth I keep meaning to play Daggerfall maybe I will after I make this thread, and I would absolutely LOVE to see a remake of Morrowind.

Re: The Elder scrolls : Morrowind Remake

Remaking classics is very rarely a good idea. With video games its a little different - Sierra did it well many years ago. That being said I would prefer that Beth focus on new games. You'll know that they're stalling for ideas when they release Morrowind v2.0. Anyway, if they're going to revisit MW, then I would rather have new adventures there. There are graphic mods that will update the polys for you, and combat mods to make it more action styled. At one point some people were trying to TC Oblivion into Morrowind but I think that got shot down. Leave Morrowind alone for now.

There are enough mods out there that transform the venerable old game into something "almost new", and we've been there and seen it already. Either you'd have to return 200 years later, after the devastation, and give it a totally new look, which would almost all be as much of a depressing wasteland as the original Red Mountain area was, or else there's be nothing new to see. It's not that the game was perfect, not by a long shot, but that a lot of what needed to be fixed has already been done quite competently by modders over the past 8 years. A few patches to the CS would be nice, though.

I preferred a lot of Morrowind's gameplay to Oblivion's "easier" approach. To me, choices, consequences, and the ability to either "play it safe" or take risks with the possibility of failure are more important than Physics or NPC schedules. Granted, some things like combat took it too far into the "failure realm" even for my liking, but that was more a matter of "tweaking" than needing to be scrapped and replaced. My concern is that "MW Revisited" would just add a lot of the fundamental problems I had with OB, along with the extra goodies and details.

I would rather see a remake of Cyrodiil, with some serious political infighting between the members of the council vying for control, various guilds backstabbing each other in quest for greater influence and power, and a working" economy, with the game confined to a "small" portion of the province at least the size of the TES IV map that doesn't even attempt to represent the whole massive thing on a map the size of a postage stamp. That might at least "set the record straight" after the politically, economically, and spiritually empty, as well as "minimized" representation of the province we saw in the last game.