Thread: The elder scrolls: Guns in TES 5

The elder scrolls: Guns in TES 5

Hello guys in last week I start to play this game. And I am totally impressed by this game. But I am having one question and I am sure that you guys will share your views with me. So do you think there should be guns in TES 5? Not modern ones or futuristic ones but really old like when guns were just invented. What do you guys think? I try to search about this on official site of this game but I did not get any information about it.

Re: The elder scrolls: Guns in TES 5

With how much the Mages' Guild tries to turn magic into a beauracracy, and with the fact that less than half the people, at least in Cyrodiil, can actually use magic, why not? Are we just dooming those of any given population in Tamriel who can't/don't use magic to be forever being archaic? Who's to say they won't research/develop such technology to have their own edge against those that do use magic? To say that guns don’t have a place in TES because magic already exists doesn't make any sense.

It's like hiking taxes just because some people are rich. It's a safe assumption to think that there will be guns or similar technology in the future of TES, unless some sort of cataclysmic event deters, halts, or even reverses progress. Whether or not such technology will exist in TESV will depend more on the placement of TESV on a general timeline as well as the length of any Eras from the Fourth to whichever Era TESV takes place in, rather than whether or not it would make sense in magic's context.

Because there already weapons like a whole varies swords, daggers, spears, hammers, maces, bow and arrows, darts, enchanted items and other goodies that they can get their hands on with decent result; not to mention crossbows was already mass produced in artillery section of the Imperial Legion. Timeline wise, it would be like that couple of years after the event of the previous Installment. I'm sorry; I missed the point in your post where you told me why guns wouldn't be a viable advancement.

I was thinking of a gun as rechargeable scroll. You get an opening shot and then you go to your main form of attack or in the case of the pistol-sword combo just going into melee after the shot. I don't consider scrolls ineffective and so I don't consider the gun I described as ineffective. You seem to be dodging the core point, why can't guns be in TES? There are (Sword and Magic) RPGs that have successfully implemented guns. And who said civilizations don't grow in particular to TES?

I do not really view Fable 2 as a RPG per say and the fact that many suggest gun just because "Fable did it", not to mention it that of the Victorian era like, not medieval-like. Wow is more of an MMORPG then a Single RPG, as to mention that in their lore, guns already exist. The Lore of Wow is not really beginning an RPG part to begin with. RTS is more like it. I just dislike any idea that just because other RPG did it means TES should too.

Dwemer had no technology with guns, and they're the most advanced civilization by far. Current dwemer experts still have a huge problem of translating the more hardcore dwemer writing, and only very people have an interest in studying dwemer. In fact, most dwemer experts do their research as hobbies, not a total study as much as you can. Only Sotha Sil got that far, but he was on a whole different level, and was completely absorbed into his studies, city, and project.