Thread: Snow in Fear 3

Snow in Fear 3

One guy on the Fear 3 Facebook page wrote this.
    • All this snow makes me speculate what Fairport would be like in the winter. There's a few great fright potential in a snow-covered town ripped separately by a psychic spirit.

Could this be a clue to a snow state in the upcoming game? Several months have passed and the Fear 2 takes time if I am right, so snow is possibly. I think it would be truly tremendous with snow, possibly a little Silent Hill ambiance, but hey you can't copyright snow. Anyhow, are you guys having any snow in your countries? In Sweden we got like 40 cm of snow on the ground and there will arrive more tonight. And it will likely vanish in 3 moths so have a long winter here.

Re: Snow in Fear 3

I as well actually saw that on Facebook and it got me thinking. I memorize there was a poll which asked if you wanted it to rain in the game, to insert effect, I am thinking it would seem amazing if it snowed. I love winter, and truthfully I think snow is truly beautiful. I can stand at a window watching it drop for hours. In FEAR 2: Project Origin, there was something which fell that was kind of cool, like in the map Grind, which was one of my preferred.

You might wish to cite "The Thing" and "The Shining" as allusion points, but no. It's too appealing. As well, judging from what we have seen up to now, the game doesn't take place in winter. The forest nearby the village looks quite warm to me. If FEAR was situate during the fall season (August? There's no evidence of this, but Alma's birthday is in August and I like to think of the games as occurrence during that month), then FEAR 3 would possibly be set during the opening of summer or so.

Mind you, it would be fascinating to observe how the occupants of a devastated, war-torn city would deal with the cold. The local RP right here is put on the verge of winter. It would be even superior with many of snow on the ground and after that mix in a few gunfights. The snow swirling all over the place and blood in the snow, opponents falling down and making a dust of snow-powder. Got to see those old movies another time.

I speculate if the developers at occasionally came to this site and utilized a few of our ideas and a few of our criticism to make the game better. I think snow would be an immense idea. Like everybody says here and it can make a few horror feeling. It would be creepy if you see a long red thing far away and you can't notice then bits of snow swirls around you and you see it more, after that you see its Alma right at your face. But yeah it's maybe too late to put in it in Fear 3.

On FEAR 2 just later than lots of crashing the APC on the tunnel and Keegan going wild there is a Police car crashed and 2 replicas fall to the tunnel. If you watch cautiously, you notice that the "ashes" from the source explosion which are falling inside the tunnel aren´t grey, they are all white. It´s like watching snow, odd and cool at the similar time. There’s a level atop the mountains. Say, that's a great idea! What if you are attacking a Replica stronghold while braving frostbite and a long, long drop down?

Here I also wish to add something in this case. Footprints chasing you in the snow beside with creepy sounds could be interesting to append in such surroundings. Like in Amnesia; The Dark Descent, in a basement someplace you have to cross a swamped area by jumping on boxes. If you stroke the water, water will splatter violently behind you and follow you, as if a few invisible forces were chasing you through the water.