Thread: The Elder Scrolls: which TES game are you currently playing?

The Elder Scrolls: which TES game are you currently playing?

A week ago, I was playing Morrowind, but now, I'm playing a combination of Oblivion and Daggerfall. I've finally made my first stealth-based character in Oblivion and am really enjoying it. Maybe I should check out the Thief series because I like secretly breaking into castles, robbing people, and stealthily attacking people from the shadows. As for Daggerfall, I'm building up my newest knight character's money, ranking within his factions, and levels.

Re: The Elder Scrolls: which TES game are you currently playing?

I just started a new character in Morrowind, with a new mod list. LGNPC series, Tamriel Rebuilt, Piratelord's Creatures, Connary's textures over a mod called Richer Textures, Neverhalls/Forgotten Halls, Darknut's Greater Dwemer Ruins. A few others, but those are the big ones. Those texture mods I'm using are pretty good, and they don't seem to affect my fps much at all. Not MGE or anything, but not bad, considering. I have a laptop, and nothing fancy.

I started playing Morrowind again last week. I made my first-ever thief character in an Elder Scrolls game and I'm having a great time.So my 'hand-made main quest' for this character is to break into every locked door in a town without being caught before moving on to the next town. I am amazed at how much of this game I'm seeing for the first time. There are so many interiors I've never entered, so many NPCs I've never seen. Up to now I've always played warrior or ranger types in Morrowind who almost never lockpicked. The different playstyle and all these interiors and NPCs that I'm seeing for the first time make this feel almost like a new game.

Rediscovered my copy of Daggerfall and have been playing it obsessively with my Argonian mage. Loving the politics, intrigue, and conspiracy and character freedom. Plan on reinstalling Morrowind soon and playing it again since my previous computer crashed and I lost all my saves and mods, I was too discouraged to do anything about it right away. I'm trying very hard to pick up Daggerfall. It's hard because I feel like the game hasn't aged very well. I'm finding it difficult just to get my sword to swing or to line my sights up with an enemy so I can actually hit it when I do get a swing off.

Been about 6 months since I played TES2, 3-4 years since TES3 and 2 years since TES4. Played Battle spire about a year ago I think. Not playing any right now. I'm going to play TES3 and 4 more some day, with a great rig and tons of mods I haven't yet seen. I will also show TES2 to one person just to show how huge the game world is, and how a real sandbox looks like. Occasionally I just have to make another TES2 character and spend few weeks on it, but it's pretty much done for me by now.

If I can ever get MW to play on my laptop, than I'll give another play through on that, maybe I'll actually play through the MQ for a change. Right now I'm alternating through Arena, Daggerfall and Oblivion, looking at me all through new eyes and enjoying myself immensely. I've got a character on the go in Oblivion, but I'm really trying to get into Daggerfall. I'm finding very hard though, mouse and keyboard just feels wrong and awkward to me I'm a console gamer mostly. I don't have a gamepad for the PC yet I'm aware of programms that can emulate a K+M with a joy pad, but the whole way Daggerfall handles is very strange to me.